Search This Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baabul Ka Ghar

Laaga Chunari mein daag, chupaun kaise…..
A song that never tired me of listening, right from child hood. And, as I grew up, I felt a bit fortunate that I “happened” to like a song which has a deep meaning too!
I did not quite expect that a question about the link between Sasural and Babul ka Ghar would appear thus! At school, as a kid too, it so happened a few times, that I happen to learn an obscure, not-so-important-looking piece out of “test-portion” allotted for periodical exams in school, and just that one comes as a short notes question or so(with a small ‘twist’ too sometimes)! There is a thrill, when most others opt out leaving it as a ‘choice’. To me, leaving something choicelessly did not really appeal as a ‘choice-leaving-out’ even then (but I was very hesitant to propose it, even as a valid argument, with even my classmates, leave alone elders!).
This connectivity between the mortality and immortality reminded me of that unexpected obscure bit appearing in the ‘question-paper’ (at school). Not that this link is unimportant, or even that people are not concerned. But very few actually prefer to choose it as a choice!
Whether I am right or wrong about the link is verily one’s choice indeed. I am not very sure if I would score any ‘fractional’ marks even for this ‘bit-question’ I attempted.
Regards,
Psn(18th November, 2009)


http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091115183811AAbj9aW

The question:
Tell me, spiritually, in your own words.. how does mortality complement immortality?
Thoughts...?
I did say... morTality ;-)


My answer :
The 'unity' holds the other 'complementary' half with itself, to keep the separated half attracted to reach back to its source. We find the same phenomenon everywhere. What comes out of the earth goes back to it. Water travels to sky and comes back to earth. Planets keep rotating around the sun, held by its magnetism (or whatever), as long as the planets can effectively offer Resistance from yielding to its pull. Sleep pulls us back into the nothingness, seeking our hidden complementary half for a while, so that our 'something' does not become too shaky by keeping awake for too long a time! Spiritually, the effort is to enjoy the merger and separation all the while, using that 'awareness' by consciously dropping the wrong identification with just the 'manifest' half in ignorance.

No comments: