Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Rented versus Own house

 Rented versus own house


The experience of “dwelling” at these 2 places gives us an opportunity to experience and live through certain core concepts which are very basic to life.


My entire 3 decades since birth was at rented houses. Then, I managed to buy a piece of land, built a house, and lived in it thereafter.


“Bhikari ko sau bheek” an adage i heard de ades ago.

Beggar gets a taste of hundred dishes…… is the crude translation. The message is, “though a beggar needs to beg…he tastes food from different kitchen daily😜🤣”  ( whereas, non_beggars are “stuck” to eating the same taste from same kitchen for life…..😜…. Is not a beggar better off, in that sense?)


Rented dwellers keep changing houses( or at least….they have that “choice”)... I lived in 3 places at all the 3 cities, I lived on rented accommodation.  It had its own drawbacks, like hitting a nail on the wall needs prior permission 🤣…. The moment I moved into my own house, the first thing I announced to my sister was “go ahead….drive a nail anywhere you like..👍  now, it's our place!” ( yeah! I didn't have to drive a fresh nail anywhere, after she VACATED the rented/borrowed body on this planet 🙏…



I asked myself ( and then “tested” my question, asking my wife) “ why do I need to remain stuck in my own house, just because I own it? “

I tried simple replies to myself “ if a close person, a relative or friend can agree, we can have a “change” exchanging the dwelling into each others houses for a week, fortnight….every year”... the idea 💡….brought a smile too 😜…. Damn good yaar!... just a few clothes is all that is needed, unlike the miserable rented fellow who moves “lock_stock_and_barrel”(whatever that meant 🙄😳){https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock,_stock,_and_barrel#:~:text=%22Lock%2C%20stock%2C%20and%20barrel,the%20stock%2C%20and%20the%20barrel. }

Tremendous advantage…. 

Awesome change …. Trust renewed…. Win_win situation.



Such pleasant thoughts drives me invariably into spiritual arena.

Rented versus own body for my spirit/atma/rooh/soul/whatever….

After death, I quit this body.  Then, I dont know what happens to me_or_myBody… my buddies take care of disposing my carcass ( all other life forms dispose their-own bodies very decently 😜… a herd of elephants is never known to cause any pollution in a forest after its death. Whereas, a domesticated elephant costs “hell” to gets its body disposed!


Can two peepals/people exchange rented bodies while alive? ( yes & no….depending upon individuals…) a living person can rent a dead corpse temporarily, as in the story of adishankara, during a debate with the wife of first pontiff of Sringeri mutt… he migrated into a dead king's body, for a week, came back into his own body and continued the debate, to win 🙏👍


Partial_occupation, without any serious encroachment……is also a strong possibility. Emotion is the driving drill_bit….and the process is empathy/सह__अनुभूति …. technical name is भाव स्पन्दन ( sympathetic vibration,  or…simple harmonic vibration, that i learnt in इschool/madarsa, as physics lessons, using tuning forks)  this hindi word सहानुभूति is often mistakenly_used for “sympathy” while it is meant for co_experience/empathy…. Stepping_into_shoes of the_other…

( a few spiritual programs, afforded me a glimpse at “how it feels, to permeate into someone else's emotional body…😳… “ it happens by itself….a short lived thing like a mushroom popping up during lightening, rain etc, and fading out in few hours🙏



Anyway,  the “concept” of renting an accommodation, for my body or the_body for my “being”....helped me to loosen myself a little,  within me… ( Nagpur_oranges when ripe, wobble inside its firm round and shiny skin, quite independently 😜… Likewise, I feel a little loose within my rented body🤣



Accomodatively yours, 


psn (25 feb 2024)





No comments: