Search This Blog

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Behavior, nature and then spirituality

I am not quite sure, whether it is my 'behavior' or my 'nature' that takes me towards such tricky questions!

When people say, “it is his nature”, I used to wonder, as to what exactly they are referring to? His habit, behaviour, reaction-pattern, or just that 'nature' that could be unique to each individual as a contra-distinguished from general 'human-nature'. Being 'used to' wonder thus, has perhaps landed me where I am now! (helplessly struck into that deep quick-sand of 'tendency to give out unsolicited suggestions... advice.... ideas... or whatever!!!).

Quite concerned to know if I happen to be disturbing the 'settled' minds of people, youngsters in particular, I got a chance to ask an youngster who I presumed, would have been reading some of my blogs, question-answers, etc. The response, was a reward in itself, as far as I was concerned! It did disturb the youngster, not in the sense of causing irritation (disturb is just stirring... we disturb a sleeping person, where becoming alert, awake etc also is a better choice... in that sense of disturbing, stirring, to stimulate interest...). That youngster said that reading them sets that youngster to look at what makes that youngster think the way that person does! Anyway, this paragraph is slightly out of context, but I thought it might be handy for a person who is likely to get interested to look deeper into that thin overlapping line between behavior and nature.

'Spirituality is to go beyond nature'.. is what I was taught by my teacher. (this is the only piece that I had to omit out of the answer, but it finds a rightful place in the blog.

psn(9th June, 2011)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110609011601AAnUWEy
What is the difference between human behaviour and human nature......?
My answer:
Behavior is response or reaction by the mind (We say, why do you 'act' like a mad fellow!)
Nature is physiological (of which, the brain is also an integral part, and is likely to be mistaken as the mind.) We say, to err is human... it simply means the physiological limitations, to be still more specific, the sensory level of perceptions, which are limited and hence prone or vulnerable to errors (not that 'refusal' to learn, which leads to repeated errors!).
Very thoughtful question. The answer should have been comprehensive. But even an 'indicative' one should work to inspire/motivate someone to reach deeper.
Thanks for the question.

No comments: