Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Body Language

Very fortunately, a very dear and closely related elder around me had initiated me into the art of 'presenting' myself very gently, gracefully, and very humbly before the deity when visiting a temple. The reasons are many. There is a belief that the deity is suppose to radiate high charge of energy, and it is safer to remain 'out of the line of fire' by standing aside and peeping by bending the head lightly downwards, and turning to look sideways, and then look at the diety.

Doing this often, the respecting of elders, higher officials, etc came a bit easily (or naturally) to me. What I did not think of was the body language that also creeps in due to the mind-set or attitude adopted. Yes, it does help in many other ways too, that we may become aware of, only 'in due course'.

I felt happy to find a question that would find scope to look at just the body language. The very right kind of question came in, and I loved answering it.

The highlight is that the answer seemed to hit the mark, when the answerer commented after choosing the answer , saying that “ i have been told i do walk like i am going to hit some one lol” ...

Otherwise, the question seemed to vague. (Here, I suppose, I can claim having reached the mind of the asker, looking at the question itself!)

psn(13th June, 2011)

quote:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110613053824AAE0cNz

Why does conversation stop?
why does conversation stop when i come into the room it's not with every one but most people i find it kind of rude my self it's like why couldn't you carry the conversation on when i walked in it's not like it was about me.
Additional details:
i am not the blabber mouth sort if i was i would understand mostly quite but chatty kind of person

My answer:
They say, communication is mostly body language, and conversation is just about 10% or so.
Maybe some people radiate powerful body language which draws the attention of others, when they enter a place, and so, obviously, their present activity (maybe...conversation) pauses.
..
(try entering the room very gently, or casually, .... may be..... others might feel it okay to at least finish the conversation-topic.)

No comments: