Search This Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Idiot

 Idiot


Recent _most occasion for me to be addressed thus, was just within the two days ๐Ÿ˜œ


Quote

"๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ (Mr X, ) ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ commented on your Koo

Ok, that proves it, you are an idiot. Gandhi was a British stooge, sent to Bharat to hijack independence and to destroy Sanatan Dharm. You missed the entire lesson taught by Krisha, one must fight for Dharm. You are truly stupid. I feel sorry for you and your family. Retired? So you are older... how sad that you gained no wisdom. There is still time. Meditate."


How do we handle such titles, when addressed to us ?


I didn't know, how to !

I noticed that I was the kid who was called most number of times by elders around me, till I reached the age of 22. 

Age wasn't the reason, for ceasing to call me so…. I became financially self dependent ( a job, and a salary ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‰). Pathetic reason to stop calling a close relative " you are an idiot"


Early kid age, there was a versatility in calling me using all available synonyms of "idiot"... ( the mix of Malayalam & Tamil provides a wide spectrum of such words, synonymous with "buddhoo")


I didn't know how to handle this attribute ๐Ÿ˜ณ

They wouldn't explain why ( I am an idiot).

I had to figure it out by myself ๐Ÿ™… can a mentally ill patient figure it rby himself, once he has become a acute one? ( it is here, I got one small clue๐Ÿ™…. That doctor tells his relatives, not the patient, that the patient is mad๐Ÿ˜œ… no use telling the patient, because he won't agree๐Ÿ˜‚


Whereas, an idiot has some chance….he isn't mentally ill. Just an inadequacy of common sense, that's all.

I started looking within. Not much help. I couldn't understand what was so_idiotic in me? 

Then, when left with no other option, I started looking at the people who called me an idiot often.. …. A pattern emerged๐Ÿ˜‚.

Numerous reasons…..

  1. they had the right to call me so, as elders (1955-60 era.. respect for elders was by default, irrespective of deserving it๐Ÿ˜‰)

  2. they didn't know any other way of reassuring themselves of their relevance ๐Ÿ˜œ ( most of them, miserably poor in academics, and unemployed)

  3. my dad wasn't too protective for me, and being the eldest of eldest born, I was their earliest punching bag for practice, without any risk of retaliation ๐Ÿ˜‚

  4. A unanimity got forged amongst them, when they conversed about_me, and found that I was very uniformily asking all of them only stupid questions ๐Ÿ™ ( like, " when we trust God to be omniscient, why do devotees shout_out their request at the temple, as if God ji has turned a little deaf, of late?... why do we have to ASK, instead of trusting God ji to know by himself?. ".... and " can we not reach God at the accident site itself for help? We can't reach temple, if disabled/injured. He is supposed to be everywhere.")

  5. Etc


For sure, the majority rule didn't seem to work, ( majority opinion).

A few who didn't call me an idiot, were a little more patient that the others. 


Now, I improvised my data collection. I started looking for "what persuaded them to call me an idiot"๐Ÿ˜œ…. Mostly, it was a convenient replacement for an embarrassing truth " I dont know "

When I was thoroughly convinced about the reasons, using the scientific concept of "element of repititiousness, to theorise a postulate, to ensure a pattern", I reduced asking them irritating questions, and decided to seek answers by myself ๐Ÿ™ ( today, I seek irritating questions, but from an eager –not egoistic— mind, keen to learn )


My next problem was a natural consequence ๐Ÿ˜‚

How to handle appreciation?...

For me, this was a more vulnerable issue. I might grow horns ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜ˆ. Then, I might stagnate ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Usually, the person who appreciates me, explains his perspective. And I get a chance to pass on the credits to due person, because of whom, I became a mere tool, and not the doer of that appreciable act, word, or thought. If I don't find a tenable reason either from the other, or by my own search, I simply disown it, just as I dismiss the title "idiot".๐Ÿ˜‚… 

It is easier to locate the error in me, when I am called an idiot, than knowing the reason for a generous appreciation. Reason is simple. Idiot is a title, I can earn by myself, but appreciation is the combined efforts of many who toiled to evolve me๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ฐ… 


When the appreciation or depreciation is about an abstract quality by nature, it is usually a perceptional ability or lack of it. Such perceptional ability or lack of it could be a common social problem. ( reasons are physiological. Thoughts, of the society as a whole, used to be non_commercial 5 centuries ago, compared to today. Almost all the thoughts can be traced to some kind of commercial value today. Such lopsided mind's can err in a collective pattern when it is about an attribute like intelligence/idiocy etc.)


Anyway, I have started enjoying, being called an idiot once in a way. I am by now, good at faster analysis and instant + dependable results, about the justification of my being called so ๐Ÿ™


Appreciation for what I consider as my efforts, and accomplishments, comes only in a very mystic and shrouded manner, of late. And I am full of gratitude for that manner of acknowledgement ๐Ÿ™. Commercial appreciation doesn't stir me ๐Ÿ™.



Idiotically yours,

PSN (17 sept 2023)



No comments: