Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Relevance

 Relevance


The relevance of this word dawned on me when I saw people around me facing irrelevance 😜

A GM, a clerk, and a peon are at par, after retirement 😜 . The slang for describing them is "fused bulb" 🀣… the wattage is irrelevant, once a bulb is fused. So, the functional wattage decides it's relevance. If retired people are retained some wattage, their weightage is proportional to their relevance.



When a incorruptible, patriotic, hardworking, brilliant, neta like Modi became relevant by some divine interference, and ended up as a prime minister of Bharat, scam netas started facing irrelevance like never before in the past 70 years since independence. War against a neighbour became irrelevant, when this master_strategist rendered the terror exporter into a beggar, shattering them economically.



Enough of entertainment πŸ™



I started looking at relevance, even as a kid 😰😳😳😳. My dad used to chant often " when elders are conversing, what have you_got_to_do here??" ( message was "get lost, you are irrelevant" . But I wasn't wise enough. I misinterpreted it as "chats of elders is not relevant to you"...


At school, the problem of "relevance" kept haunting me. When a teacher doesn't know the answer, their rebuke would be   "ask something that is_relevant to your exam…"( even the prescribed lessons get omitted from 'portions for exam')


Somewhere I turned nuts…..πŸ™πŸ˜°πŸ˜­

Not just any nut/s…. A proper CASHEW_nut…( it popped out of the fruit, due to impatience 😜)

I started looking at relevance of my birth itself, as a human being. The good thing about such idiotic_looking_questions is…..it brings alongside it, the wisdom also, enough to know, whom_not_to_ask….the relevance of being born as a human 😜. ( I wasn't familiar with the word "spirituality".... 

when elders ask me to "pray" before a deity, a fotu, an idol,      or     a temporary consecration like 'ganapathy bappa asked to occupy a pyramid of turmeric powder/idam haridra bhimbe aavaahaYaami…" …..etc …in such situations, I wonder 'am I relevant to this_Godji?'.... God's are selective as well 😭. Shiva certified Ravana as his best_disciple. Rama pampered Hanuman to even cause irritation to Sita 😜… )


What is then, relevant to me?

How am I going to be relevant to others?

( a diamond doesn't bother about irrelevance, lying covered in mud, with mud…for centuries, untill the keen eyes of a prospector, expert in recognising jewels casts his eyes upon it 😜)



Rishis, ….as I could observe ( though I never have "seen" one 😞), dealt with this problem of facing irrelevance, very conclusively!  

Even death was irrelevant to them πŸ™πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

That….hit me like a thunderbolt 😢😳😳😳

No way to "ask" a Rishi…😜….no use asking non_rishis…( how to use the already_available sense_of_discrimination ……gained relevance πŸ™… to empower me with a subtle tool, to fathom the secret about these rishisπŸ™… I know, at this point, most readers begin to lose relevance of this bla_bla , to them 🀣).


I could see that nothingness is the only way to dissolve the very issue of relevance 😜 ( I won't elaborate on this…. so that I don't become totally_irrelevant to readers ).


Reverentially relevant, 

yours for ever, 

PSN (12 sept 2023)



No comments: