Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cynicism!

Bah! These cynics are never going to trust God!”....
Our own cynicism 'at work'... perhaps, when we say thus!

We all carry a 'bit' of it, when we come into a close proximity with a politician, a Policeman, that goldsmith, ... why even a harmless snake... (I do not wish to embarrass further, mentioning cocroaches... By the way, 'they say', cocroaches are the ones who underwent least changes over centuries biologically!)...

Incorrigible, is yet another word, which seems to 'fuel' this cynic-attitude, very much like the share brokers who help each other's profit, 'playing' as villains, or the crafty vakils(advocates) who play 'sincerity' to clients by mutual consent with their counterparts!(and it is 'hope' that acts as non-conductor of cynicism touching the innocent victims!)... That reminds us of an 'opposite' of cynicism, but that is not the issue here..

While trying to even write about cynicism,  am I a little too cynical about cynicism itself? That was what I tried to ask myself... (the reply from within 'seemed' mystic, and hence evades expression through words!)

Please try and see if it works this way, “I want to become cynical about 'x'' (now this 'x' is something which is already within our deep experience, not just a 'theory' of convenience!)... But as we read it, we do look at the 'convenient lot of things we trust totally'. It looks a bit risky to become cynical about our shaky trust in God, spirituality, etc... No?... Then, it is time to try to become cynical about our “faith in our own dear fear within” ... Now,... it is not just that 'simple confusion' (a rare occasion, when even confusion seems 'so-simple'... when it is fear that is going to be axed by our blunt sword of cynicism! (now, the 'confusion' is strong enough!)

Even tried to look at non-cynical people or the 'negligibly-cynical' people as a 'class'? A bit difficult perhaps, because, 'my own cynicism' tells me, they are not likely to flock together into proximity! (Bah! These fake God-men, and the truly enlightened ones, both evade mutual proximity, though for entirely different sets of reasons!)...

Several negative traits in us, team up together, and form an entity, 'cynicism', .. while we try to chase it in isolation, while fighting our own lethargy within, in what we look at as....  our own inadequate attention towards spirituality!... At its deepest levels, 'the' mind which is yet untamed, may turn out to be our-worst-cynic... and that's when we are likely to have the heartiest laugh, that discovery's reward of joyousness!

Cynically yours,
psn (20th February, 2014)

Post Script: 
(The narrative here-in-below was to be a comment at speakingtree.in )
Our dear readers are a bit allergic to 'any' lengthy blog, though I 'concede' (for strategic reasons) that they are 'non-cynical' at long ones....
And so, my own cynicism about 'earliest-comments', provokes me to keep this bit typed and ready, to be 'just-pasted' soon after posting the blog!...

I was curious... to see if that cynicism in others, who 'normally' try-to-trust a 'generally trusted' lot.... can be provoked...
I took out a note out of a packet of 100 pieces received from a customer who tendered cash to be credited into his account, and then 're-counted' it that 'second' time, keeping that single note aside...
He was watching...
I finished the second counting, and just 'nodded' ... keeping that 'nod' a bit suspicion ridden... And 'wonder'!... I was rewarded. He very politely wanted to 'oblige-me' by counting it yet again, this time, for 'my sake'! (That is why I look at it as a 'reward'...! While giving-in to his own surge of cynicism, he is too conscious about inadvertently provoking my-cynicism towards him, and hence the 'gesture' of politeness etc!)... I didn't even need to repeat any more of such experiments... I 'inwardly' apologised to the 'being' within him, while also thanking his spirit for affording to become a 'teacher' , to reflect so clearly my own 'shy-cynic' waiting to show its true colors only at advanced levels of spiritual progress! That was the only way, that I knew..... then... to consciously avoid any untoward residue with such a foolhardy experiment of mine!


psn 

No comments: