Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Choice of input device

Which is better, USB, blue-tooth, infra-red, (what else ?)This question seemed something like this to me, when I waded through the set of questions on YA,Thought, that perhaps , it would not hurt us to glance at it again, to at least take a re-look at our priorities.
psn
quote:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090812081143AAqlC71

What is the right way to know the Truth ?..through books and prophets?
OR....by Direct Experience or ...??

My way:
When the Greater being has 'designed' us, it could be flawless!We may choose to find fault with shortcoming or manufacturing defects, like "why was I destined to be born blind/deaf "etc.Along with the sensory level perception, we also get a more powerful tool, the 'self-awareness’, which is unfortunately the least used, in the present day context. Once a person consciously chooses and maintains that self-awareness at the possible peak levels, as much as possible (meaning, as often as possible), that itself would permeate even during sleep states!! This is perhaps 'Nature's great plan to enable us to know the "truth".You gave a hint in the last words of the question "Or.. by Direct Experience...". This direct experience does not 'refuse' Books or Prophets, but in fact adds immense value to the great efforts of writers of books, and supreme sacrifices of prophets when they compromise to STILL linger around out of sheer compassion! (Perhaps this explains why all the readers or disciples do not benefit, and there are larger 'dropouts'!)I feel already rewarded, being given a chance to look 'into' this question thus! My heartfelt thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again I'm looking forward to the experience! I was guided this far by Shirdi Sai Baba. The people responsible for putting me on this path are many. First it was Shafeeque Ahmed who showed me the existence of a larger 'Divine' aspect. It was my friend Mathew who goaded me towards being 'honorable' and choosing to be ethical and moral. It was my wife Bhagya who demonstrated to me the power of Sai Baba. It was Shantamma who by various 'miracles' proved to me the power of Sai Baba. She further gave me a few disciplines which she asked me to follow. I have dealt this in the blog at:
www.deepakbellur.blogspot.com/
Finally it did take a little daring for me to go beyond my guru Shantamma. I had to be adventurous to 'betray' her and go further. I've come to P.S.N. Narayanan and learnt together with the help from Sai Baba about God the Creator who is Allah, Yahweh, Narayana, Vishnu, Shiva etc.
Deepak (Feb 17th 2010; 1:00 pm)