Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nomenclature, what is in a NAME!

It was a great technology once.When the purpose is forgotten, the device remains a mere ritual, and over the years it gets diluted.Now it is worse than the methodology of numbering vehicles, allotting PAN/PIN numbers etc!I was reminded of "Ashta-vakra" a character in the story of Mahabharata (calling it a Mythology, might not beappropriate, since it hints that mythologies are but "myths" ! He got 8 deformities, even while in the womb,simply because he 'reacted' to the mis-pronunciations of his dad! Just a reminder by his name, that whileit is good to be soooo sensitive to slightest of errors, one has to be equally careful, not to react (even within),lest we may have deformities in our attitude! At least for Ashta-vakra the deformities were physical! Being a Physically challenged is far better than being mentally challenged, if challenges are inevitable.But, there are eager minds, I could see, when I saw this question.I quote the question, the link and my walk, through the same path again,psn(13th Aug, 2009)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090812195743AAIBAbj

How did you choose your avatar (if it's not your name)?
Re-treading (my 'self'):
(thro’ the answer)

My priority, that has remained so for nearly 50 years, what ever else I do!I thank the YAHOO TEAM for enabling this feature of 'nick-name' because, it gave me a chance to also name myself the way I would like! Name could be a powerful tool to remind us of our priorities, lest we tend to be driven away by temptations elsewhere, or get caught up inadvertently by fast pace of life, and immediate / urgent life situations!For most it might suit to hide their identities (ofcourse for a very valid and genuine set of reasons), but for me it seems to serve a higher purpose. My identity has got slightly revealed after that participation in ATP/Feb 2007.Thanks for bringing me closer to my own priority through the question!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Yahoo Answers Avatar name is 'Bulletin', a nickname given to me by my classmates for being 'too smart' with my teachers. My teachers would have known, but were considerate to let me off with the nickname - I would quote from non-existent Bulletins of various Geological Societies, trying to score a point over my teachers.
I dare not attempt that here! In fact that this be clafified is the prime reason that God has chosen for this entry by p.s.n.narayanan.