Search This Blog

Monday, July 06, 2015

spontaneity

I guess, the dictionary may not venture to bring out the 'finer' qualities of this amazing word... (it might embarrass the 'lot' who find that cozy comfort in adhering to 'mere-socially-acceptable' norms, and not bothering about anything qualitative about 'life' itself!!

Yet, I was on the look out for a word that might come close to a 'response' that envisages 'least possible interference of the mind, especially its memory!

Oh! I was referring to 'spontaneity in reply/response, to another's communications, whether gesticulations or mere articulations!

A very amazing person said this about me, a while ago.. “you do not seem too keen to exchange.”
(The 'why' he is amazing to me, is a very long story... too many not-so-common qualities... Here the relevant quality is, he effortlessly transcends being 'subjective' about a person's mannerism, and straight-away proceeds to the 'stuff' in what is said... something very invaluable for a researcher!)


And, my usual 'spontaneous' self, ... as usual... just-proceeded to look within, and 'see'.. if it were so! Yes! Indeed, it was! But it was only about blogs... I am a full-fledged-chatter-box with a 'selective-few' on that whatsApp!

Two observations, I made....! (may be right or wrong!)...
Spontaneity enhances the possibility of capturing into words, (whether to utter these words or not, is a choice too!), those non-verbal thoughts, which snowballed out of pristine perceptions! Call it 'gut-feeling', a 'brain-wave', clairvoyance, intuition, ... whatever!
Some people are fortunate to guess, where their spontaneity emanates from... Others merely depend on luck to find if their utterances find 'predictability' or a mere bounce-back of brickbats!
Spontaneity enhances alertness, paving way for nurturing that elusive 'awareness'!

Now, when I choose to 'respond' (though spontaneously even)... I do require to take a look at the 'mind' that makes a communication towards me.. .. (it is about responding/replying to comments on blogs)... This takes away the focus of my own perception to a certain direction, which does not really support that 'enhanced' levels of perception! Meditative people 'tend' to speak less, but they do 'respond'! A simple non-reply-mode of silence is a response too :)

But I did not really 'plan' to withdraw like a tortoise.. Situation 'told' me to do so... Yes, the side-benefits were quite immense... Especially with/at this age of mine! (Oh! There are indeed, several modes of 'communication'... but that is a choice confined to those on spiritual quest!).

Spontaneously yours,

psn (6th July, 2015)

3 comments:

Baturam Nayak said...

Very aptly said: "the dictionary may not venture"
Yet...audacity playfully makes it spontaneous...

Two cheers for spontaneity !!
One, for it is awe-inspiring.
Two, for it is self-exploring.

A fine tuning of a very very delicate subject Sir...
It's true beauty can be felt only in one's contemplative best!
Thanks & Regards.



P.S.NARAYANAN said...

Yes!
Delicate it is, indeed!
Yet I ventured!
And you upheld me!
psn

Baturam Nayak said...

And me too Sir!
Could not resist my temptation to spill over & spell out, in glory of spontaneity & the spontaneous !