Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sleep

I ain't no sleep-snatcher now...!!!

It ain't about sleep either ! (Anyway, we can't make it happen! It happens by itself! Otherwise, why should patients say 'sleeping pills don't work anymore with me?')


We have a very small group .
I tried to suggest.... “Try to make a note of that exact moment, when we get into sleep”....
I even clarified, “no need to note down the 'time' by the clock... Just good enough if we can say, 'Yep! I noticed'... Nothing more... When milk rises, being kept on a burning flame of a stove, we notice... it is only thereafter, we decide, whether to remove the milk, or switch off the stove, or to leave it as it is with a 'mujhe-kya, mera-kya' etc...”

Simpal/simple...
but peepal/people here 'shell-shocked' me (an outdated expression, perhaps, since shells are primitive with WMD, etc!)...
We turned into a “patent-examiner” with this suggestion (note the moment of sleep)...!!!

Okay, with me...
But,
I would have been so-happy if those patent-examining-minds would have asked, “Hey, did you work on sample basis, those 'trials' with animals?”
(why I would have been 'haappy' eeej/is... they are already 'at-it'!!!... Why, and how, figure it out yourself pleej/please! All I know, from what I saw, is that animals wake up instantly, when there is some warning around... some even 'stand+sleep' :)--its a smiley... No wonder very few 'casualties' during those 'natural-calamities' like an earthquake, tsunami etc...

I now wonder...
what was the big-risk, in what I said?
Only two possibilities... 1) we missed it yaar! 2) I noticed it yaar ...
The second choice waalas... (I wouldn't elaborate... neither would they would like-me-to... :)/smiley again!


The one I suggested, (I guess) , was far more easier than 'breath-watching'... For, when this one is suggested, most of us end up as 'teachers', and would try to teach our own-dear-body, how-to-breath!... With sleep, no such risks! (other risks, if any, I am yet to learn/+, ready-to-learn!)

Sleepily yours,
psn (20th July, 2015)


Post script: Oh yes! It wasn't my idea... (the experimentation of it).. my teacher's! When I did it, like an idiot(simply doing, not asking any queries)... it seemed like it didn't work at all!.. Only the clock told me, I slept too long (slept, because, none of the sensory perceptions worked while I was 'at-it'... As simple as that! :) smiley...)

1 comment:

Baturam Nayak said...

“Try to make a note of that exact moment, when we get into sleep”
Noticing it & making a note of it...
Ah ! What a subtle suggestion, to speak about the experience of absorption...if one is really enabled with the ability to do that !!

Sharing one of my recent poem Sir (may be as an escape route from venturing a comment on the blog!)
***
If you feel a free-fall,
While falling within...
If you feel a free-will,
While feeling within...

If you feel
an absorption,
Absorbing within...

If you feel
a redemption,
Redeeming within...

That is the state
You have sought,
Always seeking !

Do not overstrain,
Then
Further straining.

Just be in that state,
For the sake of being...

Just be, in that state,
For the sake of being...
***
Regards