Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Logical purity for a commercial Badmaashi(trick)

“Come just 2 or 3 days before that '180 day's-period' is over,.... and you can 'claim' a re-polish, since you would be within that 6 months guarantee period”... said the salesperson, and my wife was so-thoroughly impressed with his 'goodness' (what ever it means!).

Now, it is not within the parameters of a 'social-common-sense' to argue with a lady on such 'Final judgements' of theirs, be it a wife or any other close relative—even!!

But, I could see... cleverly worded it was!... the guarantee is for 6 months... but 180 days is always less than 6 months!
And that re-polish is never going to be like the 'original' polish (I tell myself, 'mind you... here 'original' is a very-very relative term... nothing is original about the product we are using it only-as-an example, ha-ha-ha! It is about 'covering-gold'/rolled-gold...!)...
So, (commercially) the repolish has to be with minimal investment ... (Bah... competition even-within 'fake-gold' waalas has 'necessitated' this purity-in-dealing! )...
So, it makes sense to ask a 'lady' to wait for that 177th day... Most likely, those 3-days, she would 'due to because of, since, etc'...and for several variety of such reasons, .... not be able to... make it to the shop to 'claim'... (paisa wasool!)...
Side benefit: The shop wala has 'pronounced' it so openly, so he can as well economise on that first+original-polish.. it need-not/should-not last beyond 177 days (what happens to that imaginary 6 months of 183/182 days!)...
That , for me, (not the readers necessarily), looks like logical purity, to attract customers (again, for me, it is warding-off these customers from other-competitors, .... not 'exactly-attracting' them!)...

This purity!
It plays tricks even with such 'precious' and pious metals!
Then what about humans? (dunno!)...

As a kid, I was fortunate to see a whole family, 'live'.... who decided without even a 'mutual' consensus, without an 'all-party-meeting', a common-minimum-program, etc..
to live honestly! (that's Amazing!!!)...
They do quarrel, argue, mix, combine, cooperate, non-cooperate, fight, join, .. and even separate, ... etc... but somehow, they are honest!
So, I did not have to doubt the purity of the milk that they sell! (they had cows and buffaloes in the backyard...)
one day, I heard, the elder son tell his mom, “Mom, you milk this lady... (a buffalo), all she yields to me is her kicks, not milk!”...
Now I got curious! I was a small kid...
Twice they milk...
Evening hours, was my play-time... the younger ones of that lady were my play-partners..
So, I had to wake up at 3.45 am... 4 am is the time, when that milking starts... some 9 animals, cows and buffaloes... so I didn't like to miss that 'surgical-operation' at least once!
When it came to the cows, I noticed that quality of inflow 'looked like' a little impure!
I asked, “Oh! Does that mixing-of-water (adulteration ) happen right within her?”
The grand lady smiled, and said, “Son... it is not like that... its the very 'nature' of a cow-milk, it is a little thin (the viscosity).. and it is easy on digestion... one of the reasons, why small kids like you are given a 'cow's' milk, when it is possible to 'choose', instead of a buffalo's milk”! (Oh! Then the very tone of some-of-the-elders is just rough, they are not 'really-angry'... I corrected myself).


Early lessons for me, to look deeper, when purity at sensory levels are evasive/deceptive!

It is a very wrong place, to ask a gourmet-official, during office hours, right across his table, a question like “what is honesty, what is a non-corrupt-person?”

But, once somebody gets enlisted for a spiritual program, it is like a phoren-roller-coaster-ride... seat-belts fastened, and machine set rolling.. it can't afford a “I want to off-board/alight, half way!”...
And maybe that is why, our teacher did ask, “what is a pure being?”....
A good many of participants focused on tightening their lips! (only a few ventured, to guess!)
Arey, ... I thought... “aaj kal pure-milk kahin milta hai kya?(do we get anything called a 'pure-milk'?)... Even to 'look-at'?”.. Then why that hesistation to 'merely-know' what it is 'all-about'?
But no! Here, the mind triggers a 'simultaenous' search operation... Unless there is a loop hole in the law (exempting politicians), they wouldn't allow a bill to get enacted in a parliament!!!
Mind is the politician, (we can't help voting for 'similar' politicians)... It exempts itself firstly, and only then it allows a deeper concept (especially spiritual ones!) to percolate beyond it!

Impurely yours,

psn (27th July, 2015)

2 comments:

Baturam Nayak said...

"Mind is the politician, (we can't help voting for 'similar' politicians)...
It exempts itself firstly, and only then it allows a deeper concept (especially spiritual ones!) to percolate beyond it!"

Beautiful...Requires something more than the mind to soak in the beauty of it !!

May I share yet another beauty implicit in your words Sir?
Here is the beauty of it...
'Impurely yours'...or is it (I'm purely yours) ...may be it is my way of seeing it, but I like the way, as I see it !
Regards.

P.S.NARAYANAN said...

When somebody "picks", it can be acceptance, as one of its reasons. Without acceptance, appreciation is a mere-praise!

psn