Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

My experience at Yahoo Answers…

I feel a lot of hesitation, when it comes to doing something that tantamounts to an ‘advertisement’ (in the commercial sense of the word).
When this ‘hesitation’ occurs, I keep tossing the idea in my head, to weigh the options, whether to talk about it or not.
Even with my experience at a very significant formal training on the spiritual path, I myself had the hesitation to tell others about it. And as if to confirm my way of looking at it, our Teacher too held the very same opinion! “The change in you should be noticeable enough to speak about it by itself”……, he used to say something to this effect(He was very much opposed to publicity or advertisements, but later on had to ‘give-in’ when the popularity became overwhelming, and the followers multiplied into astronomical dimensions!).
Yet, the subtle guilt of failing to inform others of a wonderful experience keeps tugging me to persuading me to at least make a brief mention.
The mention here, on my blog page is a sort of compromise, within myself, between the hesitation to canvass, and the sense of duty towards people who love me to be informed…

The links:
http://www.yanswersblogin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Indiahighlights09_ebook.pdf

quote:
“Yahoo! has notched up a very high benchmark of social service” is all I can say! Answers
represents an autobiography of the present day generation! Participation in Yahoo
Answers led to a miraculous discovery of hidden potential touching the very fundamentals
of life. The rewards, recognition, contacts, and even the fine-tuning of communication
skills seem purely incidental, when compared to the immense satisfaction of having
touched real people, in a real way, in real time!
P. S. Narayanan – Answers Top Contributor


(Earlier, I was also asked to participate in “Ask the planet” where luminaries and celebrities were at the platform…)
Quote:
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/atp/index_narayanan.php
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070208220358AAKxgNe


The entire efforts at ‘Yahoo Answers’ is in the nature of a ‘volunteering’ as far as I am concerned, and perhaps, you too may feel persuaded to give out your experiences by way of questions or answers for the benefit of others!Psn(20th December, 2009)

No comments: