Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Death as a teacher

 My close kid_age friend had lost his wife about 2 weeks ago. Today i received a very personal message from him, describing his inner experience of these 2 weeks, culminating into something quite intense during the recent_most day.


I felt so overwhelmed by reading it, that i wrote something in a reply_response. 


Even my response is quite personal ( in nature) and hence I am sharing it without quoting his part of message.



"Awesome message ( सच कहो तो शब्द नहीं है मेरे पास, घिसे पिटे "awesome" जैसे के सिवाय 🙏!  It is a psychological problem yaar. The "feeling" is fresh, whereas the word used to describe it is worn out..... otherwise, the word is quite powerful enough 🙏)



I had a gush of thoughts, as i went through each of your sentences here.


My immediate response is.....you responded admirably well, to the process called "death", even as a witness 🙏. ( I say this with a responsibility......which cannot be *_expected of, from a normal average person of even PhD level_* ... Because, i did something which is done by very few. A powerful meditation, meant to give a very personal experience of death_itself....is underwent by me some 500+ times over 5 years plus( weekly twice). In combination with certain rigorous spiritual practices, which *_enhances our sensitivity_* to very subtle, imperceptible experiences, was also an accompanying factor 🙏.... I volunteered for some 5000 freshers, who were exclusively dedicated to evolve into spiritual path. These were just 10% of those who attended the programs.... खुद होकर, खुशी से, special class attend  करने वाले जैसा………their sincerity is almost ascertained जैसा!


It is with this background that I was reading what you wrote here.....



What surprises me is.....

i hesitated to write many of the thoughts that kept occuring to me for some 5 days after you broke the news of that pious lady( kalpanaजी, ). Pious is in a scientific sense, ..... meaning, a certain level  of reverence being shown towards a companion by a person. It enhances the emotional sensitivity to best possible levels in a human being 🙏.... Usually, adversities invoke such enhanced levels of sensitivity to subtle emotions  though ....it need_not_be so 🙏.... 



Yes, death is a release....( may not be liberation/mukti itself for all... Mukti is possible even when alive😜)



Life.....is better understood via death 

( this is evident from the way the ancients "treated" death through the rituals & traditions they instituted and assimilated into our way_of_life called Hinduism 🙏 ... This is my living experience when i witnessed death of my dad in 1983, and then my sister's in 2014. I could also clearly experience the enhanced level of sensitivity in the second one🙏...   Instead of sharing my experience, i could persuade an observation from an independent observer who was with me for 3 days after my sister's death. His observation was a sort of confirmation of my experience 😜.... He was a bit astounded by his own words, which came sporadically, and spontaneously 🤣😜😜🙏...



I have reasons to believe that Kalpana ji has given you a priceless parting gift, whose value is  bound to keep increasing till you time arrives 😂.... It is in the very_nature_of things....that such deep relationships ( rare+fortunate) never go without its rewards Gratitude swells in our hearts, only if+when we realise it's value🙏!



( I had the good fortune to discuss about our father's death, that process,.....with my sister quite often 🙂.  There was a unique advantage, in that.....i naturally stepped into my dad's shoes, after my dad departed, and i had the responsibility of my unmarried sister for the rest of her life. A few incidents associated with her death are a bit difficult to 'believe' for any  logical mind, but too many to be dismissed as coincidences 😜....... I am omitting mention of those.)




On the way to school, i pass by a church on "Chapel road" a slope.... And whether it is morning or evening....if there is "body" kept there for prayers.....i walk in , go as close as possible to that body, and stare at it silently, with a blank mind😂........in all ignorance+innocence. Little did i know, that i was inadvertently going through a powerful and ancient spiritual process of being at meditation , a process of  synthesis with a corpse at the funeral ground 🙏🙏🙏... I realised this only after learning about spiritual processes , past my middle age. 



As a very close kid_age friend ( the speciality is.....our bonds are forged during our innocence 😜........ Not quite easy to set_such lab_conditions), i am feeling gratitude to mother nature, when you consciously chose to share your very personal experiences thus 🙏,


 (Personal.....is different from words like "secret, private, confidential, etc")"


Unquote.



PSN ( 26 aug 2023)




No comments: