Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Have an ear for...

“an ear for music”... mystified me, when I heard it for the first time... I raced my memory, to 'google' in my brain's hard-disk... to look-to-see, if there was any un-labelled image somewhere, with an extra-ear in a person.... or even an ear, “earmarked' for music-only, and being stone-deaf for everything else!!

Oh! It was a mere reference to 'receptivity' within, irrespective of whether the 'input-device' is working or not!!! (a word renowned musician was really deaf!)

So, it became too clear... receptivity is exclusive of recepticle, its attachments!

It was only at the 'next-stage' in the same track of looking-further that I discovered that 'ear for concepts' in me!!!

And it does look like, for spirituality to step in... the ear for concepts has to refine towards subtlety!
(as a side-effect, the ear-for-other concepts becomes a little effortless! Just 'look' and the concepts speak by themselves!)

At schools, the kids 'get' classified in yet another distinct way(no yardsticks in place , as yet), when only some of them manage to grow that 'ear for concepts'... The rest of them keep 'scoring' by boring/mugging/rigging/etc., till time catches up with them some/sum-time or other! :)

conceptually yours,

psn(29 May, 2015)

4 comments:

Wanderer said...

Worth pondering over it ," ear for concepts " and receptivity within that makes the difference in ability to observe .

P.S.NARAYANAN said...

Yes ! Till the perception becomes instantaneous likes our response, when we hear our name being called by somebody!
psn

Baturam Nayak said...

Incidentally just a few minutes ago, as I was moved over a poem, "Just go with it ", by a Facebook Friend,Judith Froemming, I responded with these few lines, quite instinctively. Feel like sharing with you Sir:

Dance is found,
If we can notice,
All around...

And then...
Joy
Knows no bound,

Humming it,
all around,
all around...
***
And as I opened your page just thereafter,
I could not hide my smile, seeing the caption of your write-up: "Have an ear for..."
So nice it feels, as you say Sir..."to be on the "next-stage" in the same track of looking-further..."

A very good evening Sir !
Pranam.

P.S.NARAYANAN said...

:)

psn