Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Dreamy State!


Which state do you belong to?” is a question that I faced quite often, while at north.. My accent usually got adopted to the place in a reasonably brief time... and therefore the doubt... (they 'feel' that the name, the deeper aspects like choice of words etc do not rhyme with the apparent accent.... and yet this adapted accent is good enough to camouflage the origin of state, or the state of origin... which ever way it is!!!)... This is one of the 'tough' questions, that I really never learnt to answer well!... Demographic details do not support my way-of-being adequately enough to furnish the facts (facts do not sustain THE truth that they 'seem to comprehend'!!!)... the facts are too simple.. born in a village where the parents hail from... just born there... migrated to grow where the livelihood of parents takes them... further 'state' at a state where the higher-educations is stated, not taught, by 'stately' teachers pampered into such stately-states, by the system, which is merely certificate-oriented, not 'Oops' like (Objective oriented, purpose supported)... And then I stand on my-own-two-legs, to state that now I am in a state of my own stability or... a stability of my own.. etc.. Yes! I lived through such confusions, so I am eligible to say it thus, a bit confusingly!

Out-of-world state! That is what appealed to me when this question came up!
Something that got related with my own states-of-being... despite the demographic states trying to rivet me somewhere or other!

Let us go to that question... I do not know if the answer 'states' anything worth while to the asker's state of being! But who knows... my answer might address the state of yet others, here who are unable to state their own state!

Psn (19th July, 2013)

The question:


Why i always remain in dreamy state,how to control it?
I always remain in fantasy world made in my head rather than real world. Since childhood i'm always like this only. Don't know why??? My friends says that PISCEANS always remain in dreamy state. But i don't believe in them as i think that how can a zodiac sign will control my traits?? Whenever any events takes place ultimately i start making it perfect in my fantasy world,even while walking or going to classes i dream a lot. I don't know how to control it because of it i'm getting lazy day by day as i always remain in my own world,i don't feel like doing anything,just keeping myself in that world. How can i control it?? It is over-ruling me. How do zodiac sign affect this?
Yeah I'm a PISCEAN girl.


My reply:

Probably, the use of the words 'dreamy state' is persuaded by that 'dream like state' where we are aware that we are dreaming, yet something 'seems' to prevent us from getting hooked on to the 'outside situation' ... that situation, which is logically better defined as 'ground-realities' (only when we call it as 'ground realities', we also find the simultaneous urgency to get-related to it, for the purpose of behaving cohesively towards furtherance of life... towards self-preservation, survival etc... the enhanced levels of this self-preservation/survival is 'becoming something worth-while in life'!!! That dreamy state seems to fulfill no worthwhile purpose (to satisfy logic!)... If all this is reasonable, the question 'how can I control it' becomes all the more relevant!
...
Good to think of becoming 'intune' with life-realities... But.. why should it prevent us from taking a look at the 'phenomenon' that is happening 'while we are in that state--the dreamy state'? If the reasons that we are likely to discover,, while trying to take a look at it, is significant enough to the very purpose of life (!!!)... how about the proposition?
...
Please see, if we are aware of 'ourselves being in that dreamy state' while we are in that state... This is the test... (if the answer is no, the whole purpose of looking at it is superfluous, and even redundant!)...
If yes.... then there is some significance... What we call as our body....
Wait.... let us make ourselves a bit more sure.... We are quite familiar with those sleep-dreams, where we are right inside the dream,... deep enough... to be deprived of that awareness that we are inside the dream.. or that 'hey! it is just a dream... don't take it too seriously! that fellow trying to kill you, (in the dream) is your own creation, while dreaming, and the dreamer, the 'you' is as safe as anything, since it is just a dream!!!"
...
Now back to 'what we call as our body'.... the moment we say thus, we are aware, the body is ours, and we are not THE body... (We say 'why do you step on me?' when in a crowded bus, some high heel steps on our tender toe... later, we narrate the story saying, ' somebody stepped on MY toe... ' (not me!... and so on...)... Similarly, 'my mind was confused'... is slightly indicative of 'our' freedom, when we also say, 'I am confused'...
The distinction between 'dreamy state' and the 'cohesive imagination' is that we have no control over the thought contents of that dreamy-state, while we(our our ambitions, desires, fears, anger, jealousy... etc... negative/positive/whatever...) drive the thoughts during imagination.... Clearly, there is somewhere the observer, the "we" which is indeed elusive (and that is precisely why this question)... and the dream-state! (I am tempted to answer thus, because, there is a mention "Since childhood I'm always like this only. Don't know why???'.... three question-mark symbols!!!... the innocence about this question is a bit obvious!)...
Now please take a look at the 'known descriptions' of meditative states!.... and decide for yourself!
...
Welcome (if it appeals)... into the world of spirituality!
Best wishes, and respectful regards,
spiritualseeker!

No comments: