Search This Blog

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Thinking about what we See.


'Try to think differently' .... people try to tell us often...
Starting with that, the latest catch word is now to destroy that 'box' itself! (being so tired of 'out of box thinking!!!)...
The worst part is, when people persuade us to close the eyes (meditation), so as to be able to 'see' better!
When I thought that I am slowly trying to improve upon myself with a few intense spiritual practices, I got a jolt to see that movie where a kid is able to easily read the exact alphabets to form a clue, a word, from a whole lot of scattered, jam-packed randomly strewn, mind boggling alphabet chart! (the disability of that child to converse cohesively with people around seems to be a 'blessing-in-disguise' or something of that sort!)...
This problem of perspective started quite early in my life... when as a kid, I happened to notice my eldest maternal uncle often used to say, "I see...." !! The problem was, when he used to utter this, I found his eyes closed! Going over to a secluded corner of the house, (or a bathroom or toilet even, ) I too tried it out then.... nothing happened... even normal vision was impaired! My age then did not give me the licence to ask them to 'explain-themselves'... others around never disputed it.... so I concluded for the time being that this kind of seeing-with-eyes-closed might happen only after 'adulthood'! And the irony is that, now I find that kids observe things 'as they are'... quite better than most of us adults! Quite a long journey, it was to find the distinction (experientially), between that perspective and perception... and again, the spiritually-oriented-meaning of perception.... and how the perspective 'dictates' the perception itself!
(For entertainment purpose, we have that end-of-the-movie scene in the Hindi movie 'Aa Gale Lag Ja' where the fiancee doctor slaps a kid with walking disability... The heroine gets angry with the doctor, where as the hero rolls down tears of gratitude for that very 'slap'! ... I suppose the two words, 'nazar', and 'nazaria' are interdependent to decide how we perceive!)
..
And, if you promise not to tell 'others', I have a 'private' problem too... some people, when they look at us, we don't know whether they are really looking at us... it is so embarrassing to even ask them! It might hurt them, inspite of our best intentions! For instance, I had a class-mate who stayed so throughout my school days (neither of us failed, to part that 'class-mate' status!)... just because we were very close friends, I could summon courage to ask him 'hey, whom are you looking at?' and in the same kid-age-innocence (that we shared so beautifully), he would say 'you... why?'.. now I know, how to find out whom he is looking at! I never had to repeat the question to that friend.... Recently, another class mate told me that this guy is a leading and most-sought-after anesthetic in that metro-city! 'Great !' I said, 'and his patients very lucky!' ... 'why?'... he asked.... 'you remember... ' I replied, 'how he used to confuse us.., and confusion is the last thing a patient would like to have on his/her mind before slipping into that oblivion where perception and perspective ... both get dissolved, evaporated... at least for a while, and so also the problems attached to it!"


The above narrative is a copy paste of my comment at this blog:

By now a few are used to reading what I write, and they have their own reasons to enjoy it! That is what prompted me to re-paste the comments into a blog... I had looked at what we see, and then what we make out of it!


Another comment:
Solution is easily achieved from understanding,
but understanding is not easily achieved”

counter comment:
Great!
Typically, a 'solution' becomes a problem!... yet another problem

Observation by yet another person, about 'yet another problem:
This is the way of all the greatest intellectuals i pity them
they write everything analyze all in utmost most width, ignoring only the depth, so end up in producing books thicker, problems remain giving birth to new problem
they never bother on solution, but bother more for popularity, name awards recognitions all only for having described the problem in verbose beautiful

My reply to this wonderful observation :
Our actions are no different... Instead of dissolving our residues, we make it 'wide' (no depth, ignoring depth), effectively multiplying the need for fresh and more number of actions!
...
There was that cartoon .... famous one... that boy called 'Henry' bald headed...
He saw a banana peel lying on the road.... 'Something must be done about it... someone may fall!'
He got hold of a few discarded pieces of wood from wooden crates, built a fence around that banana peel, even wrote a small 'legend' to appropriately warn the passers by, stood a little away, had a look, and chuckled with satisfaction of having done the best thing!
..
The theme of the cartoon happened to stay with me! It was on the last page, inside cover of some 'Phantom' comic that I used to read, when I was a kid!

psn(5th August, 2012)

No comments: