Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

IQ

I am sorry.

The title is a misnomer, when we are at once reminded of the commonly understood sense of it. But call it by whatever name, there is indeed something inside us, that has to give us a bit of clarity about what life is all about. We go through a whole lifetime, and then in the end it seems more appropriate to give out 99 percent of what we acquired by way of charity! It is no joke to become one among the top 10 richest people in the world! And if they are not smart, intelligent, wise etc, we are no where. Maybe, they too came to this question a bit face-to-face, and wanted a first hand experience of how it feels like to share their entire basic-survival-surplus! But for that, we do have to acquire those skills that would take us to top rungs, even if we are not keen to engage the tax people to chase us around. And then we are sure of having acquired enough of that intelligence to conclusively deal with the issue of ‘what life is all about’. Logically that is what most people would have to do. We(Indians) are fast adopting the westerners methodology, in this direction. We are losing out the best of IQ to settle down westwards. Economically speaking of course. But then, we have not provided the right kinds of racing tracks here, for them to even practice! Anyway, our present issue is not about that kind of intelligence.

I came across a question “Am I intelligent?”! I would have simply skipped the question, had I not bothered to read the details. I am no good to assess others, when I myself failed to make it big in my life! But, I could ‘feel’ some subtle kind of intelligence that is brushing aside all those material aspects of life to which we employ our ‘rational’ faculties, and attempting to look a bit beyond it, or rather a bit deeper than that. As always, it is the choice of words, which would mislead a very casual reader that the person is only ‘confused’. But, if we carefully sift the instances, and instead look at the pattern of choices of instances quoted as examples, the ‘seeking’ is abundantly clear, and the sharp ‘sounds’ of that latent subtle intelligence deep within, the exclusive tools of the ‘being’ within, are heard, to indicate that it is seeking to gently wake up, stirring out of its slumber. Only that particular intelligence within is capable of asking such basic questions. (I am not too sure, if those richest people had happened to attend to this kind of a ‘waking’ noise from within, now that they have taken a decision of such great magnitude, quite logic defying too!).

I am quite aware that my answer could be even more perplexing, again, to a casual reader. I hope, the readers would pardon me for having ‘squeezed in’ this sort of a post. I would keep my fingers crossed, hoping both, that I may and may not find responses!

Psn(12th August, 2010)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiWK2EL28UncKRWIU_JEc_nsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100811233528AA9LbVr

Am i.... intelligent?
I look at people, a lot of people, and everyone around me seems to fit a "persona". Whereas, I simply am. I see people "acting" as individuals... so easily corruptible by statements such as "what are you currently thinking about?" -- in situations where they would respond with ideas of what they prefer at a moments notice. People seem so fake..... as if they indulge in actions that prosper their current motif, as if they pretend to have purpose. I don't understand it.... it's like I'm capable of perceiving others as if they are animals... I look at a cow, and it stares back like a cow. Humans seem to do the same. I must assume I am no different, however I cannot do so -- as I view others from an extern perspective, as i am not them ; everyone performs actions that satisfy their situation - surprising them w/ direct statements that define their existence, leave them to respond with nothing but statements of "ideas" of existence. It's as if they pretend to exist.....I truly don't understand. We are all biological... organs compose our being, and yet, we rise ourselves to superficial persona's. Does being human mean to portray one's self as a "character", to portray what we feel we are inside, as to show others a simple presence of a being?? Why do people seem so fake? Why must I provide others with a persona in order to become socially acceptable? I choose rather to simply exist as I am, and yet it equates to meaninglessness... redundancy of the mind......Am I more intelligent than others, being that they appear as... cows as it were, or am I simply afflicted by that which we all are... being human? Perhaps I am insane?!?!?! i'm sure im not, as I see things as they most certainly are... but yet I am not fake. ..................... Can someone please convey their experience of life as it is?
Additional Details
Here's an example....You're out fishing(suppose you like to fish....), and you watch as you wade in the water, as hundreds of people pass on the highway, continuing their life as if they had true purpose.... driving by without even thinking that someone can see them as they pass by. What of them? They are ignorant to others, perceiving only the road that yields before them... yet I see them continue as such - empty and useless....In another respect, similar to a bum at a convenience store begging for change.... What is that person, if not a seagull begging for bread? A simple spike in the road could completely alter their life, their span, their concept of life, and yet everyone pretends it is but... "life". What is one supposed to make of that!?!?!


My answer:
Even the 'better intelligent than us' are not capable of asking "Am i... intelligent?"

Only human beings can hope to ask thus. The reason is self awareness.

The instances that has been narrated in the question, where people seem so fake (all of us included), are those moments where we failed to consciously maintain that self awareness. And it is not as simple as some LED showing a 'on' status or an indicator bulb showing that power is on. This self awareness deepens far beyond taking our perception way beyond sensory levels!

Other wise, at the superficial levels, the questions raised in the details and additional details are quite irrefutable, with no possible logical answer if it has to even appeal to an open mind. There are several questions about purpose of life, repeated several times, since time immemorial, and now on Yahoo Answers.

The 'plus point' in this particular question is the subtle presence of a 'silent' observer, or that precious witnessing aspect which is able to see the mind of the observer himself/herself, the persona of the self too, needless to add the physical, biological gross tendencies, inclinations, etc. Now, to experience or to have that experience of that 'witnessing aspect, we do not seem to need any of our sense organs (now.... though, as a kid, it was some pain in the toe, that helped us to know that it is 'my' toe and not yet another object that we like to thrust into our mouth for no reason, to taste and feel what it feels like! The sensation of pain, through sense organs is the 'introducer' to our self awarness ususally. Animals respond to situation within and without alike, but are not gifted with that residual self-awareness! So during those moments when we fail to maintain self awareness, we are no better!).

The question seeks only this far for explanation. Though the rest of the story is what is relevant life!

No comments: