Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

"Own"-Err-Ship

Quite often I used to wonder, about the nature of this ‘owner-ship’. When I happened to take up the study of law, I found that I really do not own my own house property for which I paid adequate consideration ‘ in full ‘ and final settlement. The document is registered, and everybody is ready to call me ‘owner’ of this piece of property. And yet, in India, a democratic country, the President of the country is the true owner of the entire country! We are allowed to hold that property only ‘during the pleasure of the President’. Of course, basically, this law intends to facilitate ‘acquisitions’ for public purpose. And if necessary, to oust or outlaw an undesirable citizen, stripping him or her of all the titles to these properties.

Even before that, I found people find it difficult to ‘own’ moral response-abilities for many simple miss-haps that occur in normal routine life. And yet, they find ‘own’ brother, sister, relative, etc being the root cause of their misery in life. They struggle to retain that ownership helplessly. We retain ‘ownership’ to ‘apart-ments’ , though in the very same building.

How to really own something, is in-deed a confusing question.

Some asker finds it amusing to tickle the most intimate relationship of ‘spouse’ with this ‘ownership’ issue, and further nudges it with the child-ownership.

Why not answer it, even if only to further confuse, is what I felt. But the benefit is that some re-look at the concept happens, what ever it ‘takes’.

When we find that we err in ownership-related-issues, we do not find enough time to look at it in detail. Children start disowning their parents when they step into teenage. That is the price the elders end up paying, when they try to exclusively try to own their children, refusing to own up the responsibilities for their own inadequacies in bringing them up.

Welcome to take a look at the question now, if you happen to own a little bit of ‘nerve’ having read this far.

And, no strings attached, for I quite understand how economical and viable it is, to own a stoic silence, instead of venturing comments/view/opinions etc, eitherways!
Regards,
Psn (22nd February, 2010)

The question:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100221152415AAgIOVh
Are you the owner of your body or the one who you married to? if both own each other then what they fight for?
in this world every body just says that o my husband/wife owns my body and we can not do without each other. BUT when the child arrives the owners starts showing the rights and duties to each other. why ?and time comes when go for separation or devours.ha ha ha .SO WHO OWNS WHO?

My answer:
Until a few decades ago, the small islands of Andaman and Nicobar were used for punishing the freedom fighters. "Kaala Paani ki Sazaa" was the term used. People were tied by chains to their hands and feet, whipped with sharp whips, and dirty water poured over the blisters, so that the tiny wounds and blisters become pus-wounds, and a very slow torturous painful death is caused. The people who were thus chained, seemed to 'enjoy' it, and even mocked at the punishers saying, "we will take birth yet another hundred times, and be ready for similar death. How are you going to make sure to come to do it again to me?"....
Today, many of the tourists report having 'experienced' a strange high-energy in those condemned cells, when they visit those ancient jails.

The punishers physically tried to claim the ownership of those living 'bodies' of the prisoners.

The prisoners declared their freedom for the next hundred similar-torturous-births.

The results are seen today by the fortunate few tourists who are alert, awake, and aware.
..
We own those for whom we are ready to give up ourselves unconditionally. (ourselves too, included).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem came up when I tried to teach whatever I had learnt in spirituality. I demanded total compliance of my student with my wishes, to the degree of accepting whatever I had to say without his being able to question me. I realise I am not yet fit to teach anyone. If I have to teach, I have to learn how to teach.