Search This Blog

Friday, January 01, 2010

Be Serious!

At school, our teachers used to often ‘remind’ us to be serious, at least in the class. Take studies seriously, otherwise you will ‘fail’ they warn us! At that innocent age, all I could manage to do is to become ‘stiff’ within myself, till I can feel the stiffness all around myself, in every nerve, muscle and sinews! I could not hold it thus for too long! Somehow, it seemed too difficult. I was not that lucky, then, at that age, to judge that it was silly too!
It is the ‘casual’ approach that invokes the seriousness of that ‘being serious’. A relaxed mind need not be casual at all! Even animals are normally relaxed. They tense up only when there is a survival threat! And we humans are normally tensed up! The whole ability for seriousness is ‘eaten-up’ by our tension, stress, strain etc, leaving very little to be serious about our job!
Very fortunately, the thing that I liked to do most, remained subtle and innocently hidden for too long a time, from that ‘public-domain’ and it got saved from becoming too-serious too! That way, the intensity was well maintained, nurtured and nourished! It got ‘formally’ announced to others around only when it was ripe, mature and reached a point of no-return. Now, when people ‘poke’ at its ‘seriousness’ its fire burns only more intensely! I feel all the more grateful!

Somebody who did not relish being poked at the seriousness came up with a question. Instead of ‘how to deal with others who poke’ the question was how to get rid of seriousness (good that my school teachers might not be able to hear this person!).

With a serious new year greetings,

Regards,
Psn(1st Jan, 2010)

Quote:
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091231161726AAMlWDK
How do I stop taking everything so seriously?
yea... I taking everything very seriously. Like a joke that my friend might make, I might take offense to it. I just want to take it easy, but am not sure how...

My answer:
Serious and casual, both are 'problem' creating things. Only that the problem shifts from others to ourselves. A very rich person, taking everything very casually is 'excellent' for the friends (till the money is exhausted!). Take things intensely, even life intensely, but not seriously. Both look alike, but there is a vast difference! An intense person loves to do what ever he has to do (as decided by the situation), and quite unmindful of the results (there are no 'expectations') and loves more intensely to repeat anything that does not yield results the first time! It is the 'expectations' that makes us serious.

No comments: