Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Jaane Kya tune kahi, Jaane kya Maine suni, Baat kuch ban hi gayee!

I did find a person who seems to fit into the purpose of my blog….. to inspire others to the very best of my abilities!

I saw his question on Yahoo answers Forum,
And loved to respond.

And, I do not have any hesitation to reproduce the question and my response here:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090419215212AAkUVqp

Why am I always thinking about something? My mind is always racing with thoughts?
For as long as I can remember I have always had a very active mind. So active it can actually be problematic at times.

When I try to read a paragraph for a school assignment or a few pages of a book I always start thinking about something else. Sometimes it feels as though I read it but I don't follow what it is saying. Because of this I have a really hard time following directions and learning from reading.

When I listen to my professors lecture I try to listen but I always get off track. I hate this because I love to learn and understand... I just can't focus, and the things I think about are usually not important at all.

Also, when I am having a conversation with someone I am almost always thinking about something else, but act as though I am listening... in reality I have no idea what they said. I think I just don't care what they are saying?

I try to pay attention but always end up thinking about something else, it is almost like I am talking to myself but in my head... if that makes sense.

I have noticed a personality change as well. I am not as social perosn. I don't really try to socialize anymore either, I stay at home a lot.
I am not talkative person.
I really do enjoy people though. Throughout my life I have had A LOT of friends. I feel like I have distanced myself from them. I feel as though I am not exciting as I once was. I don't like going to parties or bars or being around a lot of people.

I am just not interested in most peoples conversations. I have found most talk to be unnecessary and full of lies and exaggerations and it just bugs me now.

Has my personality just changed?
My response:

• If what you say really matches the experience you had, then it is just a 'transition'. Very rarely one get to become a "witness" to the thought process (not to confuse with 'knowing' or 'remembering' the actual thoughts! So, the thought-process, the thoughts itself..)
Now, the mention of 'disinterest' is a supporting evidence to this inference.
Very importantly, please do not look at this as a 'personality' change.
It is 'dropping of the personality' (when it is not really needed at all times! Like, a policeman removes his uniform, when at home, and wears another uniform of that of a parent, brother, son, neighbour etc).
Again, very few are able to get rid of such name tags given by society (it creates lot of ego problems, when can't keep tags aside, and we spend incredible energy to maintain such tags at wrong places! ha ha!)
This transition will actually do a lot of good.
It would be very nice if there is a very good, genuine, knowledgeable guide around to facilitate a smooth, successful transition. No struggle, or side-effects, or even a change in the life style need happen. In fact the handling of 'material' aspects of life becomes very very effortless for handling!!
You have only a 'feel' of having distanced from friends. That is the clue. The true inner nature is really free, independent, and not 'attached' or stuck to anything 'gross'. Not even close friends. It actually helps to get close and love friends etc quite "unconditionally" ! And TRUE love is about being unconditional! No expectations of rewards or recognition, gratitude etc! The very capability of being a loving person is 'self-rewarding' and greater than any external reward!
My very best wishes! Good going.
And a deep gratitude and many thanks for sharing this wonderful experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very helpful entry as I find myself in the same position too! I've mailed myself a copy of this entry.
Deepak (Feb. 16th 2010)