Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Defense Presentation

I was doing it for the 'n'th time...
Only that... I had a nasty habit of being non-habitual about it :)

The lady got 'shoved' upon me... (the fellow who did it knew me closely-well... and was a trusting friend too... I wouldn't ever let him down)... He told the lady, 'maybe he would explain it to you'!

The lady asked “Who are you?” (well she started this at point-blank range, coming to, where I sat)...

The whole thing was...
This lady's younger brother's wife like to get enrolled for a spiritual program, for which a 'donation' was mandated (the only way, tax exemptions are applicable, for the enrolment fee)...
She was quite protective about her brother, and that included 'his money too'... and so the “proper & thorough investigation” before blowing money into a non-productive thing (no product comes home)!

So, that 'who are you' ... was going to be re-directed back as a guided missile...
I said, “Oh , I am yet another victim who got trapped into this program!”
I could see, that she recognised my line of attack , and said, “well money doesn't grow on trees!... I insisted that it would be I who will deliver the 'fee' during registration”...
(She carried all the ingredients to make my attempt to be 'as worse as a defense-presentation of a doctoral student'... :-)).......)

and then I proceeded with 'my-own-experience' of what it was all-about...
Since it was not a 'copy-paste' material, I was only too-glad to be 'questioned' (severely if possible)...
A one-sided lecture (with dumb listeners, however keenly they listen-or-read... the emotion is only about 'receptivity' of (only that which I say) ... which happens to get conveyed via words...
A question on the other hand is an 'investment' of the asker's ego+emotion,... (may be a negative ego, if the asker intents to 'tickle'.. or a receptive-positivity, if the question itself is genuine)... either ways, there is some two-way-movement of emotion... a bond is possible.

So her questions only led to her own 'victimisation' :)
I spoke and walked off...
It was only later on, that I came to know.. from that friend, (he was in-charge of 'booking' participants), that she 'ended-up' enrolling for TWO (herself too!)... The icing-on-the cake was... on the day of feed-back(usually the concluding session), she spoke with a teared pair of eyes, which kept searching if 'that-guy' (me), was anywhere around! (people who 'invest' usually volunteer till the last day... I was a 'drop-out' from that volunteering for over a decade!


I was reminded of this incident when a youngster told me that one of his committee members who was the 'audience' of his 'defense-presentation' requested for a 'action-replay' of it, to suit his-own pre-engagement on the day-of-act... (And I thought... “it does pay, to re-enact afresh, as if for the first time!)

re-presentingly yours,

psn(31st May, 2016)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how to act/ enact afresh every other time? Is there a chance of experiencing a deeper dimension every time an act is done afresh? Can you please elaborate a little further to enable me understand better.

Anonymous said...


Difficult to reply to an "anonymous" on the blog page!

But a reply would be: "Well, this query itself, incidentally ... happens to be a re-enactment... (the question didn't get 'posted' at the first attempt... so, the 'experience' speaks for itself :-))
psn