Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Defense

:-))

Unless we have anything of value,
what the hell are we going to 'think' of defending?

When corruption is so rampant in a nation... the 'other-wise' aam aadmi (but for his army uniform), is rather 'constrained' to wonder, “Hey! What the hell am I going to defend?.... stupidities of netaa's or the stupid fellow countrymen who keep voting for them?”

Stupidities: The 'neta' acts as an inadvertent 'second' line of defense, when a few patriotic fellows do identify a terrorist, and gun him down at an obscure place... The 'handlers' are very keen to 'defend' the morale of the 'sleeper cell'.... they know the concept of 'defense' a little better... so they pay the neta to bark 'human rights'... and challenge the 'encounter' as a fake one (irrefutable charge is: “How can the bullet holes be on the top of the head, if the encounter was a genuine one?” Oh!.. so even when dealing with a 'post-proven-terrorist', the other one, by mere reason of his wearing an official uniform, is under a heavy-obligation to obey all the 'traffic-rules' and knowing fully well that the monstor truck racing against him is on the wrong-side, and is dis-regarding all the known rules :-)).... )... Well what better defense can these 'handlers' provide to keep up the spirits of sleeper cells !

Stupid ones (maybe I top the list when I know about it...): For a spate of freebies, I keep voting for scamsters :-))... My stupidity defies all known definitions of 'a normal/ordinary-stupid', when I disregard the fact that... there is a better defense which evades my common sense than the silly-fact that :these freebies are funded by the taxes I pay... the better defense: the articles that come as a 'freebie' are of most-possible-substandard ones .. How else can the supplier beat the 'tender' rates, and yet pay kickbacks in dollars!

And (thus) we march on (or is it here the 'thus' fits better?)... .... for how long ... dunno!

In the ancient days,
the subtle concept was.... a knowledgeable person requests the court-audience of a king, and he presents a 'theory' which he defends, when other experts question its validity (this 'process' is still continued with Ph.D's of present day)...


Little did I know, that I would be presenting a 'defense' without even being aware of it... :-))
Well, it doesn't fit into any known official structure of a defense-presentation, but I guess, it turned out to be one...
There was a preceptor, whose profession was of a priest... and he happened to be well read in scriptures...
He never really expected the kids whom he 'threaded' (during the course of his profession as a priest)... to grasp the concepts of chants, experientially, when they are initiated and then as a token of this initiation, adorned with a simple strand of thread across the shoulders ( a sect of Indians still continue to go-through this ritual, and call it 'religious' ... though conceptually, there was nothing religious about it... the belief was too strong, and so concepts remained elusive)...
I too had been threaded thus (even the steel pipes are threaded, so that the grooves hold the movement steady along the thread )...
A time came , when this ritual of chant which accompanies the 'threading' was to precede the act of initiation to be done by me-myself, (under the guidance of the same preceptor)...
It so happened that the vibes of the chant impressed this preceptor a lot... and he squeezed his eyes, to allow the tears collected in it to flow down freely, before he said : “I guess, I can now... as well retire from the 'upa-adhyayanam'...” (his very profession, he meant... when he said 'I can retire')
I wasn't quite prepared to listen to such a pronouncement !
It took a while for me to grasp the import of what he said!
I was fortunate to realise that his words constitute (for me and me alone)... nothing less than an acknowledgement of a 'successful' defense !

It is good that I am never going to be in any 'committee' that handles the 'defense' of a potential candidate :-))
I would end up into stupidities like asking a kid : “Hey why not a full-dress-rehearsal?... at times, a rehearsal turns better than the 'staged' drama :-))... and then, it does not matter if the 'real' is viewed only-virtually, by me :-)) ...}

Indefensibly yours,

psn( 25th May, 2016)

No comments: