Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

It happens only in India :)

It is one thing to 'deserve' compassion,

and it is entirely a different thing to 'extend' compassion to somebody who is yet to deserve it... (I wonder, how people would 'feel' about it when they are a recipient of such compassion, when they are yet to 'deserve' it... I found it uncontainable, when the sense of gratitude swelled within me! The 'thing' that came out of such compassion was of such great magnitude!)...

The 'pranic-force' (call it by any name... life-energy... the 'very-life-component'... soul... atma.. whatever..)... this pranic-force is so subtle, so silent-within... so inconspicuous... that it simply evades our 'feel', our experience, our perception... The mind can't comprehend it (except creating some kind of 'imaginary-descriptions' from the hearsay that we get from all around... both credible, and non-credible sources... from people dependable, and people who merely hallucinate about it ).

I can only speak of my own experience... and I can 'attempt' to keep it in mind, that others who hear it from me do find their own time quite precious... irrespective of other parameters like their own factors (factors within their control, and beyond their control), which decide a grasp of what I share, with that high-fidelity grasp (in the sense, what is sought to be told, and told, is exactly what get conveyed and understood too!)

When my dad was hospitalised, I reached only a few days later... The doctor who walked that 'extra-mile' to encroach into the other doctor's domain at the hospital, did so, because this doctor was a kid-age-friend of my dad, and professionally quite competent too, also due to being a retired Army Captain, as a doctor of course...

This Captain Doctor told me on the day of my visit, “He ought to have died at least 3 days ago! I wonder what keeps him alive till now... So, that's it... expect it any time !”... And to my surprise, my dad survived yet another dozen days !!
(I simply stored this 'diagnosis'... the medical condition , that was defied by some 'unknown' force within, the life that kept ticking in my dad's body)....

Years later, it so happened that ... during a spiritual program, we were asked to chant a set of syllables (called a 'maha-mantra'... a spiritual-formula, supposed to invoke some 'spiritual' experience, ... coming down from generations of spiritual heritage of ancient India)...

We kept chanting it all the waking hours...
It felt so-stupid... with nothing really happening... except that we barely managed to keep chanting, and while doing so.... we were rather forced to 'tolerate' the irregular, nasty-sounding chant-patterns of our-own, as well of that of others around... Fatigue is an inadequate word to describe what we felt during the third day of this 'nonsense' (it seemed to make no sense at all, merely chanting a name, by which one of the 33 crore gods were uniquely named.. like some UID of Aadhaar numbers, which carried only one main purpose, that... no two numbers are alike).

Then it happened...
I felt something strange... (I felt constrained to call it 'strange'... only-because, ... I was not familiar with anything like that before/earlier... happening within me... More than that, I did-not/could-not even-conceive of any such possibility, an experience of that kind). It evades an 'accurate' description... The nearest that I can reach is ... it felt like some very-high voltage electric current flowing criss-cross, all through my body... ... some 'strange-circle' not the 'round-circle' that we call a circle... it simply circulated all over!

Oh!
I felt that 'oh!'

All along... I was 'carrying' this 'potential'/capability/possibility/whatever... of such an experience... right within?!! Forget what 'else' it can do... (the doing-with-it, of anything-else... is that 'calculative-mind' and its cunning games in me)... just to 'have' such an experience!.. it felt awesome/amazing/what-not!!!
Tears rolled down my eyes (dunno what these tears have got , anything-to-do with this experience!)...

Then , when I 'settled-down'.... I tried to 'make-some-sense' out of it... And that is the part .. which may or may-not-be true... just a guess-work... I do know that I am 'kept-alive' due to some unknown thing (call it life-energy).... this became a bit dynamic, thanks to the 'hidden' magic in that chant which whipped up the 'force' to activate it adequately-enough to ... in-turn... 'make' the other tangible/perceivable/feel-able/whatever... things/wiring/neurons, in me ... violent enough to bring it within a 'noticeable' level for me!...

years passed... I took care not to chant that set-of-syllables in that 'prescribed' way, unless told to... (a kind of reverence crept in... we don't play with switches that control nuclear-devices :)...). Then, on 'designated' days... when it was okay to chant it a few times, I started doing it, a bit mildly...

on one such day (rather, it was a 'night-time')... a person very close to me, asked me to stop-chanting it.. this person, I knew... had suffered the after-effects(side-effects), of prolonged and heavy-medication... which takes a toll on the nerves... It was so-easy-now... to 'grasp' what becomes of nerves... when it gets abused (for whatever holy-reason too).. over a period of time... It simply means... that when ancients called something 'asur'... they were perhaps referring to the non-synchronicity of a 'normal' functionality of the 'manifest form of life energy within' :-))

And then.... I really don't know... what else this particular thing did with me, this experience! Too clustered to single-out and relate each experience with each notch that marked the spiritual journey!

I leave it to the readers to decide, what to make out of what I shared as my experience (But yes, I have adequate-enough reasons, to tell-myself... that I was not entirely wrong, in attempting to 'eat-up' the quality-time of others!)...

Oh yes!... That caption “it happens only in India”... is rather a figurative expression only... to symbolise that 'rich , ample, and generous' life-style, or way-of-life, that we later started referring to as 'Hinduism'... and to feel proud of, when we have Masters, who managed to make it a 'structured' happening, when it does happen all over the globe, but only as a matter of chance!


thus, yours,
psn(5th January, 2016)

No comments: