Search This Blog

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Eureka Moment

What an excellent piece of 'evidence'!
It is a functional phrase now! Nothing to do with that 'principle' which was discovered (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eureka+moment )

A logical discovery it was... propounded as a theory in physics... One among many such discoveries.
The mind which discovered it, found an expression of a very deep emotion, in that exclamation, “Eureka”....
And when it is a deep emotion, the expression finds an instant appeal...!
(Politicians do make a 'full-use' of it... when they are gifted with the ability to make an emotional-speech... doesn't matter whether they fulfill their election-promises or not... it is good-enough to fool us for a while, till the votes are cast !).

Yes... I could notice that this discovery (now, whatever it was... let us not embarrass ourselves, 'risking' to ask the 'precise' details of what that discovery translates into, in physics!)... this discovery, found a greater popularity, merely because of the 'expression' of emotion in 'Eureka'!

And so, I was tempted to take a re-look at my own 'bundle-of-memories'...
Deeper the emotional experience, better the memory-retention!
The question is who becomes the source of inflicting that emotional-impact!!!

When we are vulnerable to certain “kinds” of insults... (a few of us do have bizarre items which cause deep-emotional-insults, much to the surprise of the others)... the 'storing' of it , into our instant-recall-memory-area ... is quite easy!

Kids find it too difficult to relate a few 'dry' lessons at school, emotionally with themselves... Unless some 'dramatized' effect is added to such lessons, committing it to memory is difficult.. They use a few tricks, if they are lucky to think of it... like ascribing some funny sound with a difficult spelling-word, etc...

Good” piece of advice... evaporates too fast!... This, despite the emotional appeal that we found while that advice was imparted unto us... ! It fails 'only' when it was too-badly required to be remembered!.. Some other emotion ought to be conflicting with its 'sanctity' too badly, and thus nullifying/neutralizing its 'functionality' when actually-and-crucially needed!

Some emotions (yes, the related-memory-items associated with it), become a 'routine' part of us!.. We do not need any visuals even... a mere mention-of-it is good enough to bring a very strong experience of virtual-reality at any given point of time! (Some people feel a 'vomiting' sensation, by merely 'hearing' about a set of words... which makes a 'complete-sense' only-to-them, not to a grammar-teacher :) ! That is how these emotion-filled-memories re-act with us !)...

The sudden death of a parent, for want of good medical attention 'becomes' such a deep emotional memory item, that... the kid doesn't need any external source to motivate this kid, into becoming a 'doctor', no matter what kind of hurdles that kid faces on the way to becoming a medico!.. This piece of 'eureka' just keeps floating on the surface of the mind, during the entire waking period almost!

The spiritual quest, when it takes root into the person, to become an insatiable thirst... it is so-strange that ... other emotion-driven memories do not seem to have that 'grip' which we find in most people around! ( I found a rare kind of question on a forum, 'Yahoo answers', where an asker is actually challenging his own 'emotional' disposition, its inappropriate-looking-response, when the expression of a deep negative emotion, and the event related to it, turns in an opposite direction, when the recall of the event is conveyed to a listener!... Maybe, this person has not been fortunate enough to 'notice' or become aware of something much more precious that has taken-root within, namely, the 'distancing' of the being from what we call as 'my-mind', and 'my-body', etc !)...

details of that question (for somebody who is keen to take a closer look at this example :)...)
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20160101012811AAAXvye

Is it normal that i make jokes when I tell others about my terrible past?

For example, a few days ago, I told my best friend about what my past was like. (Physical abuse, sexual abuse, etc.) She was quite alarmed when she noticed that I wasn't crying or frowning as I spoke. She said it was almost making her feel uncomfortable because I spoke of such horrible situations with a smile, at times. Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy any of the abuse. I was, however, talking as if we were having a normal conversation about, say, a silly joke. I haven't realized I did this until my friend told me about how I acted as if I thought it were a joke that I had been abused as a child. Then it hit me, as I began to recall the past few times I have told others. I acted the very same way for them as I did for her. Is there something wrong with me?

Unquote...

The best part is... “Is there something wrong with me?”.... !!!
The 'mind' finds it safer to adopt to a popular pattern!...
It pays a price that is too heavy!
Perception potential... !
Emotions are merely the manifest-forms of intuitive aspects of a mind... and it does help for that memory-storage functions... Intellect functions better when emotions are 'really' tamed!

The teacher 'knows' ... the 'arduous' aspect of his task... when he sets about to invoke a spiritual-awakening into a keen disciple, who comes armed with that 'emotional' inspiration, for a spiritual-experience!

Momentarily yours,

psn(2nd January, 2016)

No comments: