Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Bakwaas

The meaning is itself, about meaninglessness of something else... usually about words, statements or actions, efforts etc...

Somehow, this word did not manage to get into my 'active-vocabulary' though I get to hear it quite often... (when the conversation is in Hindi, usually)... Maybe because, I was a bit apprehensive about my own inattentiveness, that might dismiss a 'phenomenon' happening on the outside, (my mind being the 'inside-world' for me!). Often, we miss the subtle point, and casually dismiss something as 'useless, meaningless, futile, non-consequential.. etc'... Even when I see/hear somebody dismissing something as 'bakwaas', my attentiveness gets alerted to look for what exactly made that person say so?.. If that person is right, his analysis helps me... his 'experience of something' is worthwhile using for my own future dealing (for instance, somebody bought a gadget, say a mobile... which turned out to be a 'bakwaas' for him... I try to see, if he has realised that it is a 'touch-screen-operation' and therefore it has not too many buttons!... When I saw the 'proof' of Euclid's theorem, in a book called Vedic mathematics, the author remarked about the 'prescribed-proof-at-school' as “ultra-notorious for its cumbrousness, clumsiness, etc.. there are several vedic proofs thereof (everyone of them much simpler than Euclid's)”.....!

and...

and yet, I did not feel tempted to dismiss either of them as 'bakwaas'!


About spiritual concepts, almost all of them seem to be 'bakwaas' to a mind which insists on being riveted 'only-on' logical analysis , and prepared to look through only-sensory levels of perception! (A typical example was... I used to draw a 'blank' to this query that I ask of those professionals, who oversee the 'initiation' and perhaps also teach, the “ow to do the routine rituals once a person wears that holy-thread”... I used to ask, “Why is it that what ever actions 'they' do, just-because a person wears that thread, does not allow an experience through perception?... We eat, and we experience a hunger-satiation.. we drink water, and can feel a thirst being quenched.. but these rituals.. they leave no residual-experience?”... I do not like to embarrass with questions like, “When we pray, looking at a deity-idol, does He hear? Or is it just a 'missed-call'?”... There are people who co-relate with some personal experiences, which do look like a 'bakwaas' for non-believers... But this 'threading-business' only deals with 'ritualistic-performance' and seldom finds scope to co-relate with any 'miracle', usually... The chants might give some psychological-peace of mind... but, very few 'claim' a 'tangible result'... And yet, these rituals have stood the test of time! Good enough a reason, if we care to examine it as something beyond a 'bakwaas'! I do not 'chase' for an answer ('rozi-roti ka sawaal hai' for that hapless priestly-person!)...

On a forum (speaking tree), I had a chance to look 'yet again' at my-bakwaas, when somebody repeated this chant of 'bakwaas'!
And, all I could manage was to provide a few varieties of Bakwaas.. I was surprised, when it found 'some-appeal'...! And therefore I thought why not 'broadcast that bakwaas'!
Quote:

Bakwaas varieties...
(Imaginary samples)

1. A kid wakes up, looks into a 3D visual through a 3D glasses, pre-fitted on to him, while he was in deep sleep... and 'experiences' those visuals as 'his real experiences' and exclaims “What you say is Bakwaas... I am in deep trouble right now.. no escape in sight... If you can't come to rescue, just shut-up dad, and le'me deal it as best as I can”...
2. The Dad... takes a look at the screen... only blurred images... does not even realise, the screen needs a 3D lens to view... says, 'Bakwaas,... where is the image even? First of all, to get 'afraided-so-much' ?.. why are you afraiding looking at such distorted images?' (for him even the 2D is blurred!
3. The mom... takes a look at both, the dad and the kid.. “Bakwaas.. neither the 3D experience , nor the time spent to criticise it at '2D' level itself.. is going to cook the breakfast... Hunger is real.. need is food... No vegetables in our 'mortury-ice-box'... err... I mean... Re-Fridge-rator...whatever... Get the veg soon!
4. Some lean fragile fellow sitting eyes closed in a corner.. “Bakwaas.. who said, intake through mouth is the 'reality' to feed that hunger?... Here I am, replicating the ancients.. doing a complex combination of mudras+kriyas... the pituitary glands secreting a unique kind of substance.. and it permeates into my body, and absorbs nutients like that cactus in a dry sandy desert!”
5. “Bakwaas” says that 'ghost'... hanging somewhere near the ceiling... “all these guys are wasting the time, just as I too did... and now repenting , hanging half way! Engaged too much into wordly material things... neglecting the 'being' within”
6. Et-cet-tra... Etcetera... (Oh! Etc itself means 'further-bakwaas)!!!

unquote...



Bakwaas-ingly-yours,

psn (3rd November, 2014)

No comments: