Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Language Languish!


I know of a 'wonder-full', amazing person.... who never fails to amaze me, never fails to make me wonder....!
....
All he does, is ridiculously simple.... He just quotes somebody else!
'Sounds' so simple!....
But please see,
quoting from.... our-own-within.... (your own inner voice, or still worse, the non-verbal thought...!!!),
is itself .... “a job”... (we realise only when we struggle to erase it at times, having said something “in an utterly stupid way!”...)
.....
Picking the words of so many varieties of minds....
matching it with the concepts within us, to enhance the ideas within, already struggling for apt words, .... matching it with better words, to enhance the very same ideas, embellishing it unto perfection... something that words do not seem to adequately 'appreciate'!

I dedicate this blog to that quote-wizard... 'ETBA'

That which impressed me, I quote below, and leave it to readers to decide ....
whether I “quoted” a wrong price for something too precious!...
For,.... this time it is merely about.... the...... 'quotable-quotes'.....!!!
psn(27th October., 2012)



(One of the responses, by 'ETBA'.... that mystic-well-wisher!)

Instead of saying 

I don’t have time” 

try saying “ it’s not a priority,” 

and see how that feels. 

Often, that’s a perfectly adequate explanation.

I have time to iron my sheets, I just don’t want to. 

But other things are harder. 

Try it: “I’m not going to edit your résumé, sweetie, because it’s not a priority.”

I don’t go to the doctor because my health is not a priority.” 

If these phrases don’t sit well, that’s the point. 

Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. 

If we don’t like how we’re spending an hour, 

we can choose differently.” 


Wall Street Journal

No comments: