Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Resonated Emotion

Ever visited the Kindergarten / nursery class of the tiny tots? The very first day of the ‘schooling? Not all children cry on the first day. Nor do they plan for it. In fact they look forward to some pleasant ‘out-of-routine’ adventure. It so happens that a few of the kids suddenly find themselves left alone, in the hands of total strangers(they have no idea that it is a ‘teacher’), and they suddenly feel insecure and scared. The comfort zone is lost for the first time, big way. They cry very intensely. This emotion simply permeates through other children. After the first few moments of total ‘receptivity’ and observation, these other children too start crying, not at all knowing why they do. The teacher is now grappled with a lot of ‘wholesale’ wailing lot of kids. An experienced teacher would have noticed the early birds, and knows that she/he needs to just handle them, and the rest would be ‘automatically’ consoled/calmed.

As adults, when the same emotions go very deep beyond the normal capacity to handle, then there is a small problem. An expert’s help may be needed. I was reminded of a wonderful movie “Chandramukhi”(in Hindi language, “Manichitra-thaazhu” in Malayalam), where the director/script-writer did dare to bring out a direct compare-and-contrast between the traditional belief of a person being ‘possessed’, with an exorcist to remedy, and at the same time, a renowned psychiatrist who can clearly demarcate the distinction between this empathy effect and the possession, and due to a deep appreciation of both these aspects, handles a rare type of experimental cure, quite successfully. In real life, very few tantriks can make out the difference (the symptoms are quite similar, as in this movie, with the heroine), and all they do is to try out the ‘standard’ prescribed rituals, which may work even at psychic levels if fortunate (otherwise, the problem gets further compounded!).

Anyway, the intuitive aspect of the mind, when it combines the creative, imaginative and emotive power, works wonders that baffles the best of logical thinkers. I suppose, spirituality might handle it better.

It looks like, I happened to hit the mark, when I attempted to answer a question which did not attract many answers. I was not quite sure if my answer would appeal to the asker. But I knew that if it did appeal it would be complete, leaving no doubts. Fortunately the asker could ‘place’ the answer at the right slot, and complete the puzzle. What he experienced quite inadvertently and unawares is perhaps, traditionally known as Bhava Spandana in Indian Yogic culture.

At diluted levels, we do experience these kinds of spill-over of emotions into one another. But it goes almost un-noticed due to varied reasons. A brief knowledge would help us to make ourselves less vulnerable, and yet available, at will.
Regards,
Psn(9th March, 2010)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100308053530AAtn1u0
The question:
I may be foolish or selfish by asking this, I think anyone can help on this question please read below.?
Please read the whole thing, everything will lead to the question. Today a couple hours earlier, it was around 2-3am, I heard a man screaming outside "I am going to kill" you to a woman, I found out it was a woman because of her screams. I was in my room watching a Taiwanese police drama with the lights off. I am 18 years old almost 19, in my opinion I am an expect in my own thought out martial arts, I don't like hitting nor hurting anyone, nor do I like thinking or saying bad things about anyone, the martial arts I have never used on anyone nor do I ever plan to do so, the reason is because of the above and in my own opinion it has complete control of an opponents body, in the physical sense. In my opinion I am physically able to handle myself, I practiced punching trees, ran 10miles before, did 25 pullups, over 100 push ups, lifted extremely heavy weights. And not only in strength but also I can think in very complex ways how to overcome things or use them to my benefit. Before in my younger days I was fearless, I didn't care about dieing at all, that's how it lead to the martial arts I know. But the question and problem is, when I was sitting in my room hearing those screams, I didn't go outside and try to help, I know 95% I would have taken care of the situation with ease, 5% is if the other person somehow becomes lucky, that can always happen, so as you can I have carefully even made the percentage of success. But the decision I made was to call the police 911, with 2 girls with a sweet voice answering me, then for some reason I started to stutter murmuring my words as in a scared tone and shaking my heart beat rose, I became weak, while repeating several times my address. Why did this happen to me, am I that weak, in my younger times I was always seeking someone strong to fight against, always ready to fight dozens of people, whether they had knives I could have cared less, even if i was bloody all over I still would have gotten up, that's how I thought. Just today I was shivering with fear while calling the police just because of some screams. Why am I that pathetic, what am I scared of, even those 2girls who answered my call took care of situation like it was nothing. And me with all this background, was shaking in fear just by asking for help. I don't get it, I don't know if any of you believe in hell or heaven, but even if I died I know a person like would be sent straight to hell, because of own personal feelings and doings, maybe it might of been my fear of death, because who wants to burn in hell. Please give an answer if your so willing too.


My answer:
Practice of martial acts makes a person very receptive to emotional vibration from others. That is how, we can feel the fear creeping in the opponent when we stare into his/her eyes, and take a defensive posture. But unless we have a complete training the receptivity could make us also vulnerable. Especially, when we are not in a combative mood (like the situation in the question), the vibration received stays for a while, without a properly channelised outlet. Now the screams from the girl are full of fear. The same may have crept in, and while talking over the phone, it manifested and came out along with the words. This happens very rarely, and there is nothing to really worry about. But it gives us information about such a possibility. In any form of martial arts, breath awareness is insisted upon, as an essential tool. The very same breath awareness would have helped while speaking on phone too.
Best wishes.

No comments: