Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Courage

I did not expect that my answer might ‘click’.
But this one was my ‘living’ experience. Not exactly ‘through’ martial arts, though. It is much more subtle than that. I had to work my way, to really appreciate the martial arts at that level, in-depth! (The “thumbs” up that pours in can only be felt, not seen or heard!).

Anyway, it is very difficult to convince that courage of this kind is worth it. It has been emphasized over and again since times immemorial, but it does not appeal to logic that easily. And it is therefore that I did not expect a positive response. But the mere ‘dotted’ line ‘comment’ looks like even a bonus!

I really hope that my humble efforts have been (and also remain so), instrumental in shifting yet another person into that ‘fast’ track, towards deeper levels of consciousness!

……………….. (me too !!)

psn (23rd March, 2010)

The question.
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100320062323AAjPiBq
How can i overcome to emotional factor?
i am physically strong guy...... learning marshal arts from two years.but can't able to fight with anyone, even though i am good at my fighting style.reason is emotional factor!!due to strong emotional mind i can't hit anyone.... this attitude is not useful in games like marshal arts.so, how to overcome emotional factor in my case??[plz ignore the grammar]

My answer:
What you think as your weakness seems to be your best strength. It takes a lot of courage, to "not want to hurt others"! Even those who lack the physical strength, satisfy their weakness of 'negative' emotion to hurt others by at least hurling abuses in place of blows which requires good fighting style. If the skills in martial arts grows without ever using it at games, competition or to hurt others, this power turns inwards and becomes a towering spiritual strength. Only very very lucky people manage to do it, though it is the desire of every genuine Master who teaches martial arts to see at least one or two disciples grow into spirituality.
Best wishes.

No comments: