Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Einstein’s experience of tastelessness!

Even before the subject of Physics (for that matter ‘Science’) took over my peace of mind in a very big way at school, I was fortunate to learn about Dr. Einstein.

And it is the ‘benediction’ part of the very same fortune, which has perhaps enabled me to take up this question the way I would always love to look at. (Though it looks silly, I am still quite apprehensive that if I had first known Dr. Einstein through Science lessons, instead of that brief biography in English Non-detailed syllabus, the admiration for the discoveries would have overshadowed my discovering the ‘great spiritual person himself’, within him)

I earnestly hope that my answer would not appear too ‘mystic’ to invoke an appeal to our ‘reasoning faculties’.

The fact is, I could not hold back my admiration for the Great thinker, scientist, and a yet greater, ‘human’ being.

Psn(24th March, 2010)

The question:
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100323213054AAgeQHD
Why is it "Tasteless" to live forever?
"I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly."-Albert Einstein
What's your opinion?

My answer:
In isolation, this question would attract an answer that has general and 'mass' appeal. But having quoted the Great Being 'Einstein' the reasons are unique.

Please note, "I will do it elegantly" is the whole of the clue !!!
We humans make lot of fuss when we 'go'. Very few people happen to even notice that other living creatures do it quite gracefully, elegantly and INCONSPICUOUSLY (of course, inconspicuous only to we the humans!). The tastelessness is due to the artificiality when a person steps into that realm of choicelessness, the ultimate freedom! "I want to go when I want" is very significant and indicates the heights of human capability wherein the rare type of real and true 'natural-death' is at will, and by choice, not waiting for the body to become incapable of 'housing' the life-energy. I shall reserve my interpretation of the words "my share" with a sense of sanctity (it is yet again, my share too!).
Mere 'thanks' looks ridiculously insufficient for this quote and of course the question.

No comments: