Search This Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2024

The 'why' of spirituality

 The ‘why’ of spirituality .



Let me confess. I never faced this question. Spirituality didn't give me a choice/chance about it. It got into me, alongside the awareness of the pronouns like “my, me, mine…”( the first person words, a kid learns, after getting tired of using own name instead of a pronoun ”me,i , mine, my” etc… simply put, it is the early stages of self_awareness. Till then, a baby turns back to find out “who has done it”, upon hearing its own fart 🀣



I often had to answer this question, when I decided to meddle with the lives of others, who happened to come to a “center” to get their yoga_practice corrected. They weren't asking for spirituality. They wanted peace of mind+a little health, by doing a few gimmicks called pranayam, meditation & yog_asanas. Why would they ‘bother’ about something that never bothered them? 😜…. The spirit is a mere witness, while the whole orchestra is “conducted” by mind, with a stick that doesn't make a sound by itself, and yet, directs how the 120 instruments make a noise 😜



So, 

I shall try something else, easier to relate with' πŸ™

A smartphone, into the hands of a rustic who never saw a basic mobile instrument. He asks “ why should I learn about what_you_call as a smartphone?” ( Meanwhile, how many of us “bothered” to explore all the functionalities of “Windows 11”???... I am shy of migrating from 10 to 11 on my laptop. I open it only once a month for 10 minutes and shut it down when battery shows 95%+ … I didn't feel tempted to look at all the applications pre-loaded by “Dell”)


Somewhere during 1992 or so….

I explored all the “visible” functions of “wordstar” a word processor that was pirated and brought at my workplace by a colleague, who felt that “ some compatible interface” is needed if any floppy comes to us with a word_file… it can be opened and read.

I had been driven by a boss to “try to squeeze in” the contents of 2½ typed pages of a letter into one single page itself. So, I needed to know the “software” a little more than just “type, save, print”. I could reduce the height of lines. I could choose slimmest fonts, and it's smallest readable size. Not happy with that, I used “soft spaces” in between alphabets, words and sentences. I punished dots with the capital alphabet of next sentence to sit snug_fit next to it😜. The “final” printout amazed my boss. He got a better accomodation than he expected, to plant his signature at the “penultimate” space_and_line.

Today's “cloud” technology challenges a software engineer’s brain, to show his ability at Full utilisation of its potential. A movie maker showered fear with artificial intelligence in “Terminator” movie, and it's parts/versions. 


A human frame?

Can we hope to explore the full potential of its software and design ?. 

No two leaves are alike, on this planet. The biometrics of human eyes, fingerprints and face are unique as ID's. What about memory, mind and emotions? 

What if……we know the core source of human frame well enough, and that info can allow us to utilise the frame & it's purpose to its conclusion, so as to release us from the dictates of its ever growing complexities ( karma πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™)?


Most of us are sufficiently contented with knowing the minimal functions of a human frame. Even the “self councelling” of ancient times, is outsourced for a heavy fee to a psychiatrist, who doesn't bother to know about himself.


Ramana Maharshi tried to market this question “ who am I?”( I didn't meet anyone saying “I found its answer. Now, I know why, people who got the answer, don't declare it 😜… )


Embededly yours,

PSN ( 4 Jan 2024)




1 comment:

Nita Agarwal said...

“ The spirit is a mere witness, while the whole orchestra is “conducted” by mind, with a stick that doesn't make a sound by itself, and yet, directs how the 120 instruments make a noise 😜”

“ No two leaves are alike, on this planet. The biometrics of human eyes, fingerprints and face are unique as ID's. What about memory, mind and emotions? ”

“ …we know the core source of human frame well enough, and that info can allow us to utilise the frame & it's purpose to its conclusion, so as to release us from the dictates of its ever growing complexities ( karma πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™)”

Very interesting blog. Point to ponder upon.