Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Need a want, or , want a need?

And somewhere 'desires' too, add to the confusion :)

Recently I got persuaded into giving a 'nod' for a compound wall to be constructed (just on one side of the residential site... ).. now please wait... you will laugh even more, when I add that, it should have been done some 3 decades ago, when the house was built :)
Just that I turned out to be the last-fellow to have it in the entire colony (cluster of houses)...

Well, I barely had enough money to have a wall then...
it would mean 'compound(ing)' my problems, enough to create a wall (narrow domestic walls)...when I couldn't elevate the 'item' which qualifies as a 'need' ... needs a promotion from 'fencing-stones+barbed wires' to a pucca wall :)

I started thinking...
where did it all start?
And while this 'thinking' was on... a youngster was just 'starting' after 'blinking and thinking' for quite some time , about his 'winking' at a sinking career!... He managed to float , and pretty well too..
I was reminded of my 'start' (when-today, any 'start' worth its name is linked to money, I too am constrained to say similarly, when I say my-start)....

The earliest few salaries, was barely enough to just-keep-going... (Yes, half the difficulties were due to the social standards 'set-by-the-society'... like we need 'clothes' while bulk of life-forms, walk about so-cheerfully, in their birthday suits !)..

Though I didn't actually “plan” it that way....
now when I look back, I guess, what I did gets formulated into an 'idea' that may-work for a few others too!

After that 'starting-trouble'... the only other phase, when I felt that money-worry was, when I raised a small house on a site, I purchased....

I have been aware of a lot many of people, around me ... worrying almost all their life, about insufficiency of financial resources :(
Almost like somebody working at a place like “Cherrapunji” ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherrapunji ) , and cannot just put-up with a lack of an umbrella alone! The place-itself, is the 'wettest' one!


Ah... I thought...
one needs to knead the need well-enough!

I was decidedly-set to set-my-sail, on a spiritual sea...
that decided about my 'wants'... What I want, ought to match what I need (desires are now decided upon by the situation, not my likes and dislikes)...
Often, people mess up the wafer-thin border line between 'reasonable-wants' and reasonable-needs...
and then, their wants eats into their available-income Plus, the essential needs..
Some try to just lament... others procastinate that lament into a misery, by borrowing heavily to fund their 'wants'.. I escaped this trap, just because I was sailing on different waters (spiritual-sea).. :-))
The major advantage I found was... over a period of time,
I happened-to drop that conscious effort to keep the “wants” from hovering over my head, when the look-out for identifying only-the-needs became utterly-effortless.... Now that, allowed me to afford myself, to focus better at work (in the office,) and to focus better at the family (while at home), and also keep that focus clandestinely-alive, into my hidden-agenda, the spiritual-Bijness :-))


Wantedly yours,
psn(7th September, 2016)


post script: I won't attempt to sermonize... what worked for me, if it happens to give some clue, ... it is up to the readers to solve-their-puzzles now!

No comments: