Search This Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Dependability

Whose “ability” is it , that I am looking at?.. (depend----> (on) Ability)...
I kept wondering...

My ability to assess the other's dependability,...... or the dependability of the other which itself makes-redundant, my ability to even-assess the other properly ...

When we look at a nation's progress... I guess, this 'dependability' factor plays quite an important role and a significant one too... The recent joke, sent as a forward... is perhaps good-enough to substantiate, that the 'nations-name' gets labelled (A kid wrote the opposites for given-words... Light—darkness, white—black... etc, and for “original”, he turned 'dependability' towards 'popular-meaning' and said “china” as the 'more-plausible' answer )...

Telegrams were not so-dependable, when I found my uncles arriving at the door a bit earlier to receive their own sent-telegrams, to announce their visit :))

Only as long as ...type-set-composing was a strenuous task,.... the 'printed' matter was fairly dependable... Now, even printed currencies ... Oh!.. We are asked to write the 'serial numbers' of higher denomination currencies on the 'back-side' (not the reverse side... 'back' seems 'more-dependable as a word, when the grammatically-accurate one “reverse” seems irreversible!...), of the 'challan' while paying cash at gourmet/government counters... (cashiers—gourment-appointed/pubic-servants.... are not even 'expected' to improve their own dependence-ability at guessing correctly the fake counterfeits-from-genuine-counterfeits/or whatever... See, I don't exactly depend on my own vocabulary :)).....)

Dual SIM cards... a demonstrable example of dependence on tower-connectivity?

Suddenly, our effort to insulate ourselves against 'providence' ... the provident-fund is 'axed' (oops! It should be 'Taxed'... budget proposals)...

Yes... the VVIP's are very dependable on one thing.. they are late for the 'public-address' by a minimum of 60 minutes.. ... (incidental benefit is... the 'timers' set to eliminate them, if at all they remain dependable, go off a bit too-early... the 1998 serial blast of coimbatore upset the cart of dependability, when 'usual' late-coming was not properly 'computed' :))... ).

The highest authority, meant to safeguard the country... are making a U-turn, on their earlier pronouncements made under 'pressure' of the-then-rulers... The intelligence of Bureau(ib) is no more-dependable :)).... when it comes to an aam-aadmi trying to assess a desh-bhakt..!!

The race is now, about assessing the non-dependability accurately, rather than the potentials, skills, etc while hiring! ( I was reminded of a 'short-cut' that a few of my bosses tried to lean-upon, when they said, “I trust you, so I will not check, but sign blindly, your clerical calculations!”.. and I reminded them “But sir... you are not paid to 'trust-my-accuracy', despite my integrity... and so pleez don't depend on the dependability on my accuracy at maths :))...” }


That leaves me confused...
When I 'talk' of independence... am I declaring my 'freedom' from dependability on others?
Dunno!


Oh!
Spirituality doesn't depend even on ..... dependability... not in the least, on that of others!
But that makes it komplicated/complicated... We are so used to playing only 'dependable-games' :)

In-dependently, yours

psn(3rd March, 2016)

No comments: