Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Unconventional Confusions!

We face confusion of all sorts...
In fact, when we say, 'there was a confusion all around the place'... we seem to assume utter clarity about it, obviating the need even, to see, whether we too are very much a part of it, by reason of the very mention about it!

This(blog) is not a 'convention' of confusions... please pardon me, if it 'seems' so...

It is about 'just a look' at a few 'not-so-common' confusions.. if, that 'unconventional' seems appropriate enough to describe it, which, you will be able to decide for yourself very soon..

Please, let not the size, the length of this blog , be a cause of confusion ... I have tried to divide the confusions into convenient parts... to let us choose, how we like to get confused...

1.We get confused about 'why at all something confuses others?'
2.We 'feel' confused, when the other 'sounds' so confusing about “such a non-issue” (the query is “what is there to be so confused?...”)...
4.We decide to get confused, 'just like the other' to be able to then ... grasp the joy-of-such-a-confusion (woh haseen dard de do.. jise mai galey laga loon'.... styled thus!)
5.We now get confused, not about how to resolve 'that' confusion... now, it is about 'how to get the hell out of all confusions'....

The last one (5) is good enough to warn me to stop here....
The rest of it(the source-of-my-inspiration!)... is a mere copy paste herein below,(except the sub-titles... the sub titles are to conventionalise it).

(I apologise, to the owners of blog and its comments, for assuming the liberty to reproduce the blog and the comments, though it is from an 'open' forum.... and I request them to 'find a way' to pardon me!)

unconventionally yours,
psn (13th August, 2013)



The source of my inspiration: (the comment about a blog, on the blog, to me)

Dear PSN sir, I have read your comments on this blog with utmost sincerity. I was confused on Seema's this blog! I put questions to Seema which are yet to be answered. However I have gone through other comments where Seema insisted to read your comments. Your comments in reply to to Nita are further confusing!. None of your comment in in context of Seema's blog, though your comments can be separate blogs with a new message! No where you have answered or elaborated what Seema wants to tell. You have refer to new stories with different context & different message.

I too find other commentators interpretation which were good but not at all connected to the title blog.

May be Seema is extra genious & put a blog which 'Adham's like us may not understand. First point is why such a blog which doesn't have a clear message which can be understood by any ordinary soul! Second while you are defending her blog why don't you dissect every line of her blog in elaborating real meaning instead of diverting to a new story & new explanation which was not even mentioned in her blog even indirectly!

I raise this question because I have read some of her very touching & insightful blog earlier! This blog some how reach no where neither your defending bring any clarity. I believe blogs must having quality read along with quality message.

I requested Seema to answer individually, also I request you to clarify how your comments connects the blog.

I am really bit different in my approach. I usually put questions when I don't reconcile with an opinion/blog. Please don't mind my straight questions! I never accept something till I made understood logically.
Regards!



The reference of the above comment, to his earlier comment:

I am little confused on the message of the blog. First if some one is a Guru, why his message is not understood by the 'Sishya!' Then when somebody leaves his wedding & the whole world displaying his devotion to his Guru, how can he be fluctuate for a lady forget about her shadow? Also what's the meaning of saying Guru that she was guarding the lady in the forest.

I believe when one becomes Guru he must have developed a perfect wave length along with his student in such a manner, that the student can understand the real message even from facial expression of his Guru.

What was the message of 'Be alert & its urgent' a Guru sends to his disciple during later's marriage.

You are definitely very genius as I read your blogs. Some how I couldn't get anything from this blog. I request for elaborating your message & bottom line. I am not convinced that faith & duality is presented through this blog. Regards!





My reply:
Just out of curiosity, I had a look at your 'updates'...
I read this: “If you really want to kill somebody, First kill the beast with in you!..”
...
I will not contest, about your understanding of this sentence...
But instead, we can try to look at an imaginary third person's mind, and look at the ways in which it would 'read' this message...
a) 'Oh... that beast in me, is the protector of that person whom I want to kill... So, like those fairy tales, where the life of a demon might reside inside the neck of some small bird in a cage, we cannot kill the demon, unless the neck of that bird is first squeezed?'
b) Oh! The beast in me, is what prevents me from taking the proper aim at that other fellow whom I want to kill?
c) I am a soldier, and I have to kill the enemy, to save my country... why should I waste my time, to bother about that beast in me.. Actually, that beast in me is likely to inspire me, motivate me, with that 'killer-instinct' without which, the enemy might exploit my 'otherwise-kind-hearted-sentiments' to plead with me to spare his life, and then, if I oblige the enemy, he would soon get hold of a weapon, and finish me off the very next moment!!!
...
and so on.... (other examples)...
Do we find any of the three totally agreeing with our own 'message' with that sentence? May be one might come a bit closer than the other, but that is of no use.. Either it is 100% or a zero...
...
I happened to admire the blog, the element of surprise it holds through an element of suspense or confusion, or even a lack of clarity about the 'message'... I did not wish to 'terminate' the effect of the blog too soon... and yet, I wished to add to its value by giving a 'subtle hint' which would polarise the minds of the readers further ... either towards a clarity(in which case, the very same hint would try to reach a further-deeper-theme), or.. towards a increasing a thirst , a curiosity, to look a bit deeper (when a reader finds a comment, which 'seems-to-have' appreciated the subtle-message!)
..
While at school, I told my classmates about the 'nature of mind' to become inquisitive without a specific goal... and to demonstrate it, I requested two to three of my friends to team up with me... it was that big-interval... the lunch time, and soon after lunch, kids would raise the dust of that playground to a height of about 5 feet, making it difficult for the 'elderly teachers' to cross over that ground without covering their nose with a hand kerchief, or without bumping into a kid running fast, to escape being caught by another 'chasing-kid'... We went to the centre of that ground, and I pointed a finger towards sky, straight upwards, stretching my hand maximum, twisting my body above hips to synchronise with the other boy standing beside, to help him 'see' what I was 'looking' at.. He and others 'obliged' me, staring intently at that something, with rapt attention.. we kept this drama for just 3 to 4 minutes... soon a crowd gathered, and the play stopped.. the 'play-ground' turned into an 'observatory' to look for extra-terrestrial heavenly objects! We quietly moved away to the edge of the ground, and now, we 4 of us were the only ones, looking at the crowd, while the whole crowd even forgot as to 'who started this game!'....
Sir, let not this story divert your attention or misguide you into believing that the theme of this blog is 'similarly-empty'...
This story was to demonstrate 'just what I told my friends' ... to show how inquisitiveness works, at times, without a goal, and wait for the discovery to tell us later as to what we were trying to look for!!!
...
I very much appreciate the genuine keenness with which you have asked for that clarity! I actually wonder as to why our Seema Ji did not excercise the privilege of explaining your doubts!

If I have reached the right one... that 'unanswered' comment, I suppose, these are the questions:

1. “why his message is not understood by the 'Sishya!'”
2. how can he be fluctuate for a lady
3. Guru that she was guarding the lady in the forest.
4. in such a manner, that the student can understand the real message even from facial expression of his Guru.
5. Be alert & its urgent

1. The message is to be understood by the intellect, not the mind, which is ever engaged into deciphering the data received through the input organs of 'sensing'.... (Abstract concepts are usually difficult to be understood or grasped in the very first instance! I had this problem... when the teacher said, 'watch your breath'... I thought it was 'so simple'... I started to 'see' that I was breathing... ! it was not quite easy! The breath got 'tampered' when I watch! When I am not observing, the pattern of breath is different! ... now I thought, 'I have to watch without the 'breath-watching-me'... ' that did not quite work!... One part of my mind started watching another part of my mind—watching the breath!... that is when the teacher added, 'be alert..!'.... When I tried that 'alertness' it only increased the complication! I had to let go everything and begin afresh... just breathe... then slowly coyly start watching it!... !!! the story went on...)
2. The 'fluctuation' for that lady is due to the age of that disciple, perhaps! Very soon after intensely reading or viewing a sensuous material, a student finds it difficult to focus on a dry school text book's chapter on geography which deals with the climate of arctic zone, or the grasslands, prairies and pampas of some far of continent! The initial excitement about the 'prospects' of a marriage is about the proximity and the pleasures it offers due to the proximity of the opposite gender... The message took him physically away from such prospects due-to-marriage, temporarily, but the mind is on the look out for it, at its own 'back-ground-music', so it fell a prey for what was 'readily available on the way'.. the way was to reach the hut of the Guru!
3. When we catch a cold, the body tries to sneeze of the virus with a powerful exhalation, a few times... when a few of such viruses stubbornly refuses to leave our chest, throat, and nose... the body generates an army of phlegm which now 'house-arrests' the virus, and keeps that virus under confinement, till it turns yellow, hard, solidified, and can be safely expelled as a 'lump'... the phlegm is not protecting the virus.. it is protecting us, by guarding that virus! And we take medicines, to get rid of that phlegm, since we look only a bit superficially, a bit symptomatically, and 'look' at the phlegm as a 'problem' instead of looking at it as a responsive-solution, automated by our wonderful human-design, our body!!!
4. communication is complete only when it is two way... the master's message depends upon the receptivity of the disciple... How can I understand a Chinese message, without knowing the language first? But a sincere Chinese friend would not wait to teach me the language first, when my life is in danger right now... He would supplement with gestures, ... but only when he is sure that articulations failed!
5. The message was kept brief, 'be alert ... it is urgent'... The excitement of the marriage (obvious, with any youth who is 'just about to get married') delays the 'attentiveness' a bit... so the second part 'urgent' got miscarried... he mistook 'urgent' as... 'urgently-see-me'... (where as the urgency is about being alert... because, marriage is a rare event... unless we are alert, how are we going to retain a “very detailed image of this event” to be cherished recalling it much later when we celebrate 50th anniversary of wedding?

All this is my imagination, after all...
Two people have to adjudicate... at least... the author, 'Respected Seema Ji', and the asker, 'Your Good selves'

Regards,
psn

Now, the very source of the blog, its confusing story!




A man was getting married. Just then he received a message on a paper. It was from his guru who had written, ''Be alert, it's urgent'. The man left the ceremonies midway. The bride was bewildered, her parents pleaded with him to complete the ceremonies but he ran out. He had to cross the dense forest and it became dark. The groom decided to wait on this side of the forest. Night came and he wondered what could be the urgent matter of the Master. He was satisfied that he had thrown the world to one side for the Master.



From nowhere came the sound of anklets, songs and laughter. He noticed a light and followed it. A large tent in the middle of nowhere had sprung up and men were waiting outside cracking jokes. The guard stopped him saying, 'Madam is not ready'. The man saw shadow of a lady dressing up and wearing ornaments. What beauty! He pleaded with the guard to let him enter but the guard would not budge. Madam is eating, madam is rehearsing her steps, madam is with musicians, madam is talking to someone, madam is having a nap'. The excuses went on and it was soon dawn. With a heavy step he looked at the guard killingly and reluctantly continued with his journey contemplating that he would stop at the tent on return journey. He reached the Master's hut but the Master was sleeping.



'You are still sleeping', he exclaimed, 'I left my wedding, I ran from the weeping relatives, I waited near the forest, I remained awake the whole night because of your message and you are sleeping'.



The guru looked at his student disappointingly and said, 'Dear child, I was awake the whole night, guarding that woman's palace in the forest'.

Source :Self

No comments: