Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Source of Fear

When I heard about the famous sentence “Let there be light”.... the first question that occured to me was who would have said something like “Let there be Fear”..... I was concerned about 'fear' that seemed to come in the way of many thing that I would 'like to do'... I was also amazed at the way in which fear creeps into many of the thought processes that struggle to break the usual limitations and try to find manifestations. Fear seemed to douse such upsurges.

The sense of 'concern' slowly turned into a kind of inquisitiveness, which did (and still does) pave the way for deeper insight into the 'self'.

So, I was 'naturally' drawn to take up a question like this...

psn


http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111025110147AArVHxv

How does fear begins with?

My reply:

Basic instinct of self preservation... That is why baby-child does not 'feel' fear, and adults have to take care of a baby, till it gets a clear idea of 'self' (we can see, kids take some more time to use the pronoun "me", mine, I, etc...)
Fear of death, and then, fear about living "properly"........ that definition and scope of what is "proper" keeps enlarging , expanding, and multiplies into problems, demands, needs, greed, etc. Sense of 'security' accompanies that seeking of 'proper' living. Any threat to sense of security creates that fear.

No comments: