Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Conscious Compassionate Creativity!

For too long a time, I was just ‘average’ in about most of the things that ordinary people do in life (mercifully, not about life). I had no reason to suspect the presence of any sort of creativity within me. As a school-going kid, my only experience with ‘creativity’ trying to surge inside me was when I visited sea shore, where we are allowed to ‘freely’ access ‘any’ amount of wet sand to play with, but only till sunset. I did not have to try for too long. All I could manage was a huge ‘mountain’ (anything which was about my own kid-size was of course, ‘huge’!). Or I managed a zig-zag-tunnel in sand restricted in its length and depth to the extent of my tiny arm. At best it was a combination of both, a tunnel half way up that mound, where an other kid manages to have a through-and-through visibility.

That was my creativity at its best during childhood! At home, there was nothing ‘creative’ to try with. And when visiting ‘other’s’ home, everything was non-touchable! So, there was a conflict of interests between ‘well-disciplined’ and ‘creative’ abilities.

Any way, there was yet one field which no one could ever restrict in any way. The thought process! The only good thing that occurred to me at that tiny pint-sized age was to try to equip myself with best tools to proceed with that thought-process-creativity. I wonder if it was that which eventually pushed me into a spiritual quest!

Anyway, with all giants of ‘creativity-teaching-skills’ all around (business schools, etc), I too tried to look at creativity, and two other basics (3-in-one, in fact!), in my own humble way, in all modesty, since I knew I had never ever demonstrated a ‘sizable’ creativity at any time, when somebody asked it on the ‘Yahoo!Answers’ forum.

(Now, I wonder if it quenches the thirst of average people like me, or something akin to ‘creativity for dummies’… .. etc!).

PSN(23rd April, 2011)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110416220727AAQXQyA

True or false --consciousness, compassion & creativity are the basis of life--osho?

How we can develop all three at a time

My answer:

When we start experiencing more and more people and things around us as a part of ourselves, all these three 'have to' develop!
(A mother who is in dire need, and driven to a very extreme situation, brings forth all these three in an amazingly unbelievable manner! The steady growth of a deep sense of social responsibility, expansion of inclusiveness, in a person, etc... all these are portrayed too well in an old Hindi Movie, "Mother India" . I even wonder, if the title is not a mere matter of chance! The heroine simply grows, evolves, right through the movie. She would almost 'sell' herself to save her kids, and later, she did not hesitate to shoot down one of her kids, due to a deep sense of social responsibility! She 'created' a awareness in a whole village of innocent people!)

No comments: