Search This Blog

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Non Political Politics

Playing politics, some how gets around to polarize the person, who is dexterous at it, into looking after his own interests. It is seldom that we find a ‘good’ statesman, who also is good to the nation! Most are just ‘good’ about the statesmanship, or just ‘at’ it. He/she just ‘practices’ the science of politics with extreme care and sensitivity about the ‘strategy’ aspect of it, and skillfully camouflages the ‘playing’ into it.
Those politicians, who are yet to ‘elevate’ their skills to the level of statesmen, have ups and downs, due to competition from their own kind.

At micro level, most of us ‘employ’ strategy to our own selfish motives, advantages, and interests. At times, when the trick gets exposed too obviously, then the people around use that phrase ‘This person is playing politics even here!’.

Professionally successful people many a times owe their financial success to such ‘designs’. To quote a less risky example, where the person himself was ‘noble’ enough to feel and even admit it towards the fag end of a stupendously successful life, we may recall the nobility of Mr. Nobel himself! He was very good at handling business. But, when his products flourished at the cost of rivalries of two nations, intelligent people around lost no time to recognise him as ‘merchant of death’.

Doctors make a living, when the patient is reluctant to look at the root cause of their ailment. Managing an ailment means more income for the medico. The subtle area is indeed, where it is the mind, that needs the correction. There is hardly any risk in revealing the root cause. The present day life-style makes it almost impossible to access the root, only then, do we have any chance to ‘deal’ with it!

The question that I have quoted herein below, is just a typical instance to highlight the ‘technical’ fault that we often get stuck into. We realize too late that we ourselves are trapped, and remain trapped, into the web we weave for others! (The psychiatrist too, carries the guilt within, for too long, and needlessly too, being over-apprehensive about his own professional career!).

It would be too tedious to ‘deal’ with other types of instances, and ironically, the cause and effect of those other types are entirely unique, and well justified, if we can afford the wherewithal’s of it. Often, the very ‘raising’ of issues, topics, etc simply provokes the ‘negative’ sensitivity within us! So, it is yet another reason, why I consciously choose, not to make, even a ‘passing’ reference to those.
(Spiritual practices, the teaching techniques, the result-oriented approaches, etc do not permit us to take into consideration, our affordability aspect, very ironically indeed!)

Psn(3rd September, 2010)


http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100901192159AAzFrfB&r=w#NbUvWzq9WThW9GWqYeRc

Is it wrong on my part to wish that known people dont meet me when I go to a new place?
Like say, if I finish my school and go to college ,I wish that I dont get to see my school mates/friends in the college I'm into.Same way when I go to work,I hope that I dont meet the same people whom I have met in my school/college/whatever place I have been before.Same feeling when I go to a new city/state/countryIts mainly because I feel when I go to a new place and when I'm with a new group I want to start everything fresh and I dont want the past to influence me.Like,the people who know me would have formed some opinion about me and when they get to see me with a new group, they may describe based on what they have experienced about me in that past but whatever it have experience has happened in the past and I dont want that to come again and prevent me from moving on and change myself.......For example, I might have been like a moron in my previous college but when I'm currently in a different college, I might have become better but if there is someone who has already studied with me in my previous college he/she may say something that is based on what they have experienced with me in my previous college to a new set of friends that I have met in this college.So that makes me wish that I dont meet known faces!!!!..lolIs it weird on my part to think like that?..Its like as if I'm always being under surveillance


My answer:
There is another way to deal with this problem.

Are there not, instances where people get totally transformed due to the impact of just one incident in their lives? It takes time for people around, to recognise and then realise the change, in this person. But change does not wait or depend for concurrence of others. When mobile handsets included photography, the mobile company threw the camera company out of market.

Another aspect is that if somebody chooses to look at us one way, that is their problem. For instance, I happen to resemble a person who caused lot of trouble to Mr.X. Now, even if that Mr.X is going to meet me for the first time, he would instantly 'catalogue' me, brand me, as that trouble some person of his mind/memory/experience. No power on earth can change the opinion. It would be foolish, if I take it upon myself to appeal to this Mr.X. My efforts would only reaffirm his own doubts!

Technically, the 'same' person whom we meet is physically quite 'fresh'. Every three years, our body does not contain any of the old cells. The other way, psychologically, we adamantly 'carry-forward' many of the wonderful stupidities of our ancestors.

The residual issue, in essence, is we do not want the other person to remind us of some error, mistake, inadequacy, deformity etc (any type of shortcoming), at a new place. But if that other person were to vouch for any of our exceptional 'abilities'! Then we relish it, we need not 'waste' time to gain positive-popularity! What we need to accept experientially, (not just thinking), is that we can never control the situation outside. We can control our reaction to it...
(This is not only just a 'wonderful' question. Most people are shy to speak and discuss. Still more people are adamant about even recognising that they have this question! So psychiatrists never have to deal with this problem. Instead, they 'encash' a living out of the 'consequences' of such problems!)

No comments: