Search This Blog

Monday, September 06, 2010

Life after . . . . .

At every stage of life, there is this question, “after” this, what? Elders around add a tone of seriousness, to that tiny kid… “Now you are old enough to go to a school, so learn to become a good child, obedient, less mischievous etc..” Then, the school days are over, and college life is supposed to be taken more seriously. After education, at the job, it is the boss’ turn to turn us serious. The next sequences of events don’t allow us to ponder over what has been happening to us. Suddenly it is retirement. Now, we ourselves become quite ‘competent’ to ask our very selves, ‘what next?’…! (It is the elusiveness itself, of the answer that detests most of us from even thinking of a ‘meaningful’ retired life! Most people get even more inextricably ‘entangled’ into deeper commitments, and continue their evasiveness towards “a” commitment-sans-expectations!)

So, it is not quite surprising, when there is a question that shows an eagerness, some curiosity to know, what a person would like to do with ‘life’ when material aspects are reasonably taken care of!

Psn(6th September, 2010)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100905205820AA6GvMr
What do you want to do for the rest of your life?
Suppose you received a lump sum of money that would last you the rest of your life and so you didn't need to work anymore. I suppose you'd quit your job. How would you spend your days instead of working?

My answer:
Allow life to happen the way it wants to, for me, and live it each moment, as intensely as possible.
I cannot create a huge thing so wonderful as this Universe around me. And I am gifted with this enormous, immeasurable universe, as a gift to and a still more precious self awareness, as a gift, to feel and experience it! All I can do is try and maintain my awareness at the sharpest levels, peak levels, and soak myself, drench myself, immensely, intensely and with 'my' best involvement, till 'life' decides to dissolve me completely into itself!
(Every small thought to 'adjudge', differ with what nature has designed, seems like an act of utter distrust, lack of love, etc, or in essence, just some kind of 'life-negative' attitude that would deprive me of 'life' experience. 'Allow action to flow forth according to the needs of the situation, to deal with it, to participate into it', seems to be the only way to live choicelessly... and choicelessness the best freedom!).
(Fortunately, there is no need to 'suppose'. The 'retired' life-style could happen as early as the very first day at work. Work place was a part of 'that' kind of life. That is why the 'real' retirement did not 'show' its line of demarcation in a pronounced way!)

1 comment:

Deepakbellur said...

For various reasons I consider 'work' as a punishment and not something that one could 'enjoy' doing. With such an attitude a load of money that would liberate me from work would be a blessing and would help me do what I'd like to do - develop self-awareness!