Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Joy of Success!

At times, I actually end up destroying joy of others!
Somebody asked a question, inviting joyous instances where success appears abruptly, and a bit unexpectedly.
I was really surprised that my answer seemed to appeal to him!
I made it an exception to send him a personal message of humble acknowledgement!
And, when it does have an appeal to the asker, I wonder whether it would ‘work’ for yet others. That is why I was tempted to share it here.
Psn (23rd Oct, 2009)

quote:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsekoJY6t2_Rur6hHRQOmlyQHQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20091027034654AAhgLoG


Do you have ever experienced the joy of success?
We daily face a variety of situations that need to be tackled.They may be simple or complex problems.Recently I tackled successfully a problem that has been evading me for several days.I am a beginner and just learning operation of a computer. To have online transactions I obtained ID,log in and transaction passwords from my bank. I tried several times to log in but every time I tried it came back saying try again. I was frustrated and decided to have a last attempt before asking for an experts help.While I was following the guidelines step by step I noticed the check boxes on the left and clicked them for the first time and pressed the submit button. To my dismay that has worked and I had access to my account. OOH what a relief and joy and confidence it gave me!. You too may have similar experiences which you can share with us.

My answer:
Yes, had very similar situations. But the joy was a bit short lived. The very next thought was about being thoughtless! A mere glance with an empty mind would have shown us what was there all along! The joy is now about the clarity that occurred that we do not see deep enough!When somebody proved that earth is not flat, but round, surely some of the better intelligent ones would have felt a bit bad about themselves feeling 'why did it not occur to me earlier?' It was round all along! And when it rotates, it ought to be round, logically. The possibility of it being flat was only when the movement was straight not revolving!But the computer world present many such situations where the joy is sudden! When I used to present some short-cut keys, or when the 'auto-text' is invoked to repeat some predefined complex key strokes, the time taken is reduced drastically! Colleagues used to experience joy and sorrow together intensely! Why was I not told of this earlier is the question that causes that sorrow!Anyway, what you narrated is a wonderful experience and very interesting and indeed thought provoking.

(My response email to asker:)
Sir,
Your question: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091027034654AAhgLoG
It was a pleasant surprise to see my answer being 'chosen' as the best!
I thought that a part of my comments might sound a bit discouraging (to any average person, of course!). Most of the answers go for voting too!
The choice of asker never seemed to really deter me since the very process of answering is too rewarding.
Your kind comments is a bonus!
Very many thanks!
Regards,

No comments: