Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Vulnerability

Human beings, as also other living beings are 'pre-embedded' with that
survival instinct, and therefore the impusive acts of 'self-preservation'.
We tend to over-use it, becoming 'defensive' at every encounter with somebody
we do not like to accept 'totally'.
And then, it becomes our 'default' behaviour,
invoking a vulnerability of a different kind!
See, when we describe our dear and very close friends, we say,
" I can be totally myself with him (no formalities, pretenses, or defences required)"!
What happens when we consciously drop that defence and offer our vulnerability?
When I looked back, this is what occured to me:
quote:


Despite having been required to pay a 'handsome' price, of nothing less than a premature and abrupt voluntary retirement, I would, still, and more vociferously, advocate for playing intensely the role of 'vulnerability' , even at the place of work, or in the least, at home, amidst all types of 'Brutus's', to taste that priceless joy!
A Chakora pakshi (an unique bird) compromises for nothing less, stops at nothing less!


Please do tell me your way of looking at this?
regards,
psn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I frequently love to see myself as a 'victim' too! A major portion of my life-style till now has been this way. How do I set about changing it?
Please respond to:
deepak_bellur@yahoo.com