Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2023

Stories for myself

 Yep πŸ‘


This time, I am my reader and audience πŸ˜œπŸ™


It's time to educate myself a little.


Thinking aloud, can turn into “music for ears” when the listener finds it to a confession 😊 ( a welcome variation from people who make tall claims of their achievements and accomplishments, not bothering to even distinguish between the 2)


So, this blog is for purely entertainment purpose. ( Any relevance to any body, is purely coincidental, unintentional and ….bla bla bla…😜)


Two short stories ( for me to learn from)

A fellow approached a zen master “ teach me spirituality”. zen master caught his neck, dipped his head into a water-tank nearby. Held him gasping for breath, and released his grip. That fellow lifted his head out of water, inhaled deep. Zen master asked “ tell me, while your head was inside water, what was your topmost priority?” That fellow “ to breathe πŸ˜­πŸ™”. Zen said “ come to me, when spirituality becomes like that breath, when you were under water”...


Second story:

Buddha was keen to teach a kid age friend, because of the deep emotional bond of friendship. That friend was a busy shop owner, like Adani and Ambani of those days. Every time Buddha passes by his shop, and requests, that friend says “ next time”. This years passed. Friend rushed to Buddha, when he heard that Buddha is about to die. With great difficulty, the devotees allowed that friend to go near Buddha ( nobody is allowed to disturb a monk awaiting death). Friend “ sorry, I missed your request every time, and I know it is now, too late πŸ˜­πŸ™…. Just tell me, how-to get you, after you are gone?”( It seems Buddha opened his eyes for a brief while, and replied. That “reply” later on became a huge lesson for posterity. I too was taught that lessonπŸ™).


Manu had clearly said in his ( Smriti)...verse 110 of second chapter, and I am struggling to learn that lesson yet πŸ˜­πŸ™… my confession πŸ˜”. These two stories are illustrative format of this verse. ( A rough translation of that verse : "without being asked, one must not speak anything to any person not should he speak if any question is put to him without decorum.  in such cases, the intelligent one shall behave like a dumb person")

Until yours,

PSN (29 Dec 2023)

1 comment:

Nita Agarwal said...

For everything there is a time and place and for every quest there has to be right attitude in the seeker.