Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Complicated simplicity

At times, I felt that.... I ought to admire a few, who undertake to do a lot of circus to look-simple... (not 'being' simple... to appear-simple to others around).
But, the moment I succumb to such 'perhaps I ought-to' waala feeling, the threat looms large over my small rule, which may not resist anything complicated, for too long :)

This 'small rule' which is my own tiny and pocket-edition wala yardstick, is easy to carry around, like that pocket comb, which slides easily, conveniently into the pocket of a small-time-hero who pulls it out often to ensure that his hairstyle impresses a bored-damsel, who has nothing particular around to focus on, while waiting for a bus, whose frequency is too less, and often untimely :)

I even blurted out this tiny-rule, and somebody nearby exclaimed, “Hey! It sounds too good! It suits almost any situation!”... and I suggested, “Well, if so try and use it a little often... and in a while ... you don't have to use it... you get used-to-it” :-))... (or, was it this way, 'you get used by it' ... dunno!)...

What I do is also simple... when there is a choice , I look at it as, whether it is... 'life-positive, or life-negative'...

And then the “response”, which is my chosen thing, option, out of that choice... may have its-own-complexities... and obviously, ... I handle one twist at a time, one knot at a time... and untie the whole bundle!

I had my own simple lessons too... at times hard hitting ones...
As a kid, I had watched my grandma chop wood for the cooking fire... that was the only fuel at the ancestral home, in a remote village... The axe was almost as tall as me, at its handle...
I felt that what she did was 'too-simple'... hold the handle at one end, the blade is at the other end, and its edge aimed at a piece of log, ... lift it high above the head, allow it to fall on that wood...
I did it... (it was too late for my grandma to notice me 'go-at-it'... I took just 2 or 3 seconds, to decide for that try)..
As ill luck would have it... the head was loose, on the handle... and the upward motion dislodged it from the handle... and when my arm decided to bring down the handle, it 'felt' a little light... 'de-lighted' , I felt... the handle too was 'de-lightened'... the 'head' landed on my-head :-))

Oh! I felt... a knock on the head of a 'slow-learner'?... the pain was sharp and traveled right through my body... Grandma had a burst of laughter... “Fool, she said,... I had rested that axe, because it's get became loose-fit.. not because I lost-stamina... and you picked up the 'fate' by your-own-choice!”... Yes, fate knocked on my head...
Simple is not about truncation of minor details... I reminded myself... on the other hand, we become minute-enough/simple&small enough, ... to be able to notice even minor/minute details !

When that simple-simplicity keeps me so-much-engaged, with its lessons...
where do I find a hope to learn that 'complicated-simplicity'?...
Everything that looks complicated, about spirituality... I decided to keep a safe distance... and look-out for most-simple of its things, taught, advocated, and made available ...
I did find a teacher who did it always... simplified and thus, exemplified ... even complex concepts!

Simply yours,

psn (5th October, 2016)  

No comments: