Search This Blog

Friday, July 01, 2016

Work place


I saw a cartoon today.






“listless”.....
is what comes to our mind, when we try to look at it a bit emotionally...
Problems are aplenty, when we deploy our logic (materialistic—of course :) }

Hey! I told myself...
I ain't a robot... (well, when I joined 'service', robot was not a popular term, so I called it 'a-machine')...
I am a human being (by make, at least... and hopefully, by-awareness, through efforts)...

I tried to relate emotionally with every aspect of work...
Every instruction , I tried to look, with a question, “How does it make life better?”...
Seldom, did I find things that didn't fit into the 'scheme'.. (all good organisations are structured so, with of course, scope in plenty , for innovations)...

In simple terms...
while most people fret-&-fume, when they look at a red-signal at a busy cross-road, it simply translates into “it's for my own safety, that I reach home in one-piece, peacefully, and not fully-in-pieces :)

On the other hand, I can even 'break' the rule, when I am trying to rush a patient for their-life-saving...

Now, can we really 'expect'... a red signal for those innocent wild-animals, where our roads are laid by us... across a huge forest?... We invoke our 'response-ability' and act prudently, judiciously, and with sense of discretion.. or , we end up contributing to extinction of that 'wild-life' :)

At a work place, we need to look at the 'situation' and then deploy the rules... not for the sake of rules, not for satisfying the auditor, or even the boss :)


I felt amply rewarded..
no 2 days were 'ever' the same to me...
instead the same vouchers, the same customers,... why even the same numerals 1 to 9... seemed to offer a wide spectrum of variety entertainment, a challenge-afresh, each hour (not just each day)...
I thoroughly enjoyed the work place itself..
I did evolve , when I had-to-invoke my own latent potentials, to improvise myself, at work each day :)

Good that the kid slept off earlier than when he used to be told bed-time-stories...


Work-o-holically yours,

psn (1st of July, 2016)

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

very few find humour in office day. Most come back with tales of bad day:(

Roads passing through forest reminds me of signs in US where animals are likely to move or cross the road. So that drivers slow down and avoid injury to animals. Still every other day one finds a dead animal on the highway.