Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why do you live where you live?


A deep question, if we look at it philosophically!
..
Laaga chunari mein daag.... Yeh duniya sasuraal! (this whole world is an in-law's house!) might be one of the reasons!
....
Some of us are unable to expand their attention span to read lengthy explanations....
So, I merely quote what seemed to have worked with a person at a far away home of theirs!

psn(20th June, 2012)



Details of question:
I'm feeling a little philosophical today I guess. 
Basically, I'm not happy with America right now - of course, not many people are, but still.
The corruption in our government (as well as fellow citizens) has reached an all time high.
I have this bad feeling that something very big and very bad is going to happen, and I don't want to be here when the sh!t hits the fan.
The thing is, it never occurred to me that I could LEAVE the country until recently.
And I think the reason why is mainly do to my security here. (Family, friends, job, home, car....)
So it got me thinking... are those the only reasons I'm here?
I could get a new job, new house, new car, new friends, and start my own family in another country.
So why not? - It still sounds crazy for some reason to leave.
I've always wanted to travel to Norway, but when presented with a job opportunity through my place of employment, I was reluctant to fill out the application. I viewed the job opening every day until it disappeared. It reappeared two days later because there were no applicants, and I still didn't have the courage to apply for some reason, though I desperately wanted to.
I really regret it now; I wonder what would have happened - how different my life would be.
Are there other reasons people stay within their home country?
I seriously can't think of why else I would stay here, yet can't bring myself to leave
So please share your thoughts with me.
Why do you live where you live instead of somewhere else?

My Answer:

Those enlightened people..... they come out of that concept of 'home' and look at it the way other living beings view it... as 'shelter'!
The "self-awareness"... which is unique to humans, makes it a matter of choice, about every action that we do consciously.... deciding to move is a conscious act... we feel possessive about places too... we get emotionally attached and we defy logic, spending much more than it is worth to retain possession of something we are attached to.... place is no exception. We seek 'security' in familiar things... Some emotion binds us... Almost all birds, animals, etc drive out their kids, to live their life, once they grow a little.... And we know what we do! Saintly people overcome this restricted love!

No comments: