Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Checks and Balances

If somebody likes to view it as, ..... that “ verify the balance in the Bank account before issue of a cheque ....” , well I seek shelter under the “ Redundancy theory of truth” (http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Redundancy+theory+of+truth) ...

..

For those interested in mysticism, it is a different issue altogether....

..

(I was even worried, if this post has to be 'classified' , and categorized under 'mysticism'... but then I thought, mention of an aspect concerning 'mysticism', by itself, does not warrant a 'classification' (like the files marked 'classified information'... it is up to the seekers, to look for those greener pastures! )

..

Even great institutions find it difficult to grapple with the task of putting an effective system under place, to have those fine-tuned 'checks and balances' .... loop holes are many ... system lapses are abundant ... scams thrive in such fertile, humid, atmospheres! That 'data-integrity' itself needs those 'checks and balances', not to speak of computational designs, complex embedded systems, processors etc which need even security too! Financial institutions struggle despite on-going audits, or concurrent audits.

..

Coming to the mystic aspect, the first surprise came, when as an initiate, I started wondering as to how that 'chant' which was hardly a mystery, so easily available, so widely publicized, ... could trigger a mystic phenomenon, just because I was going to be put through a traditional ritual of 'initiation'? ... then came an instance, where I ended up with some headlong-collision with the recent most of our family preceptors, regarding the seed-invocation factor attached to a very common hymn (which was 'otherwise' an innocent looking propitiation of a deity)... When challenged, I reeled off that 'seed' factor... He abruptly became tense (as if I had tripped on a landmine), and cut me to a stop at the half way (the safe half .... of course). I was surprised. I had logical support from within me to place implicit trust in him... He was the last of the descendants of the sytem of 'family-preceptors' who lived up to the concept of living for the 'good of others' (puro-hit .... puro= other, and hith= good, a simple translation of those sanskritised form of nomenclature). I could not grasp the concerns he had hid behind the anxiety he manifested... Yet I trusted his judgement and action of having stopped me (there after, our relationship acquired a new dimension, though quite a clandestine one, since there was that generation gap, and others around... who were beyond reach, at least then!).

My wanderings into spiritual pursuits during the later part of my life, happened to 'more than' convince me about the wonderful system of 'checks and balances' the ancients had instituted into those lavishly strewn gems all around us!.

To a logical mind, there is an example of in the novel 'Atlas Shrugged' where, the hero chants a pre-embedded phrase, when recited properly, the sound becomes the key, to open the doors to a vault housing a giant motor. Any tampering with the door, would trigger a mechanism to render the contents of the vault into a shattered mound of dust! There was an old English movie where an army trained physicist used the sound from a small explosive detonator to crack open a huge masonary dam, while it was 'otherwise' difficult to approach the militarily-well-guarded-dam.


This at once raises again the doubts and debates about the 'need' of a teacher/guide/guru/preceptor, to become an 'initiate'.... The very nature of mind is 'divisive' when it is dominated by the logical aspect. This attitude presupposes the state of our existance to be only 'dualistic' by its very nature, accepting the interdependence quite generously at the same time, ... as 'exclusive' to all other possibilities. That is why the vehement inclination to refute the dependence on a 'third' entity (as a guru or so...). But, once the perception deepens enough to conclusively resolve the issue of this 'duality' into a non-duality, the arguement about the 'guru' also would dissolve (not just resolve!). But the problem is not that easy , though it looks simple ! That baby starts crying incessantly out of hunger, and would not relent until the first morsel of its feed enters the stomach. But the first morsel would not 'safely' pass down the gullet till the crying recedes! So, somewhere, the Guru has to excercise his benevolence, force-feed the 'initiation' upon the unwilling but innocent baby, and then resolve the issue! (How these giant masters do it , their 'maneuverability' through this impasse, is yet another mystic phenomenon!). This was something that fascinated me very much, and obviously, I had to pursue it, till I reached a stable plateau ( like that 'padaav' in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' , from which we do not slip further down!)...

..

I have to place my humble apologies to those who reached up to this point, without being able to comprehend the theme in a cohesive manner... but I could sense/feel a few inquisitive 'minds' at the forum, who would find it quite thirst-provoking perhaps.


psn(28th March, 2012)

1 comment:

brij said...

Krishna says," One who sees me in all living being and all living beings in me. is the one that actually sees."

" true nature of every being is divine."

that, i did not have time to respond to your blog as i had to attend other things, though they being a small cause with a small effect, shows that...., i have not fully renounced. I am still attached to the worldly things...

that, i get baffled by some blogs and react to them, adding to my ego...shows that i still react, have feelings, have not yet shed my ego..am not yet aware of my true self..

that,my mind still wanders looking for other causes and effects,, shows that, i still have desires, my mind is still not still,..it still exists.. i am still a mindful soul... not yet a mindless soul..

That all these come as a hind sight and is not yet the stimuli..shows that i am well below the BREAKING_POINT.

that, i am getting bored in the lecture, have no interest in what you say...thoughtlessness/ mindlessness

that,there is nothing more to be known, my mind stops reacting to the lessons.....i am totally blank....desirelessness

that, now there is no duality in me and you and the divine. I m attached to the divine as the martyrs were to freedom.

***when the mind does not find any other cause superior or inferior or in between. When the cause is the effect and the effect is the cause.

***The state of knowledge, or the non evolution of the mind which is unborn, without any relationships.

*** The realization of the true self when one is free from grief, desire and fear and no other cause or reason to manifest again.

**TO BE UNCONSCIOUS OF OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS***

as i watch my thoughts, my thoughts disappear,
As i watch my feelings, my feelings disappear,
As i watch my being, I am no longer separate,
Only the witness remains, which is my eternal reality.
It has nothing to do with me , It is universal.
My witness and your witness are not separate.wherever, witness happens, It is the same.


Before I arrive at this point.....THE BREAKING POINT.....everything else is DARKNESS
.....It is ...THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL.....
For, when the SUN will RISE to this night , It will not SET.