Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Opening up

There is something that still continues to puzzle me. The puzzle is about my own frequency of bumping into a certain pattern, which just seems to suit me too well at that point of time!

Now it is about ‘opening up’ of minds. I could see quite a few questions asking about that open mind, etc. May be, when I start thinking about an aspect quite intensely, I start noticing it all around the place. Anyway, this time, the question was wonderfully worded. Why patronize an ‘open mind’ just for its own sake?

Now, I could not keep away from an opportunity to appeal to the asker’s mind, ( almost like trying to strike when the iron is hot). And the comment was a very pleasing compliment indeed. Beyond that, I got that wonderful reassurance that the answer reached the asker with least possible distortions!

Psn(24th February, 2011)
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110221181650AAgHWNi
Why do we need to listen to those who communicate with an open mind?

My answer:
To be able to breathe easy!
When we have difficulty to breathe, we are put on oxygen , or ventilator etc in an ICU.But that does not compare with that wonderful gush of fresh air that rushes in freely through a very wide open window high up in that huge tall mansion overlooking a vast landscape on a tall mountain!
..
It feels very fortunate to listen to those who communicate with an open mind. Quite miraculously, even we become better receptive, by just listening! (Their openness seems to permeate into us!)
...
It is indeed a wonderful question! (to me, it seems to open the source code of the technology hidden behind that age old prescription of "sat-sangh"... the company of wise people!)

No comments: