Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Misunderstanding

“See, you didn’t get me”……..

When we use these words, we often miss the other side of the coin, ‘Did we get them properly, in the first place?”

I had become sort of accustomed to envy ridden remarks, when colleagues around found me, seldom adhering to the ‘accepted’ tenets of a ‘friendly approach’ while ‘dealing’ with customers, and yet managed a wide acceptance at a deeper level amongst customers, who found it to their advantage to ‘tolerate’ me on an ‘as is where is’ basis!

It is not that we can do away with those ‘prescriptions’ for a ‘friendly’ approach. They ‘may’ be needed initially to ‘short-circuit’ the relationship. Nor do I subscribe to the idea of scoffing at those time tested tenets. But, when these don’t work, we have to re-look, whether we inadvertently ended up making them into mere ‘gimmicks’!
{The experience of being mercilessly ‘hammered’ by a spiritual master, out of utter compassion, is not entirely without a few incidental benefits :) }
psn(8th December, 2010)


http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101207173832AABh3ho
I feel like I am constantly being misunderstood or people dont' get me?
Either I make alot of assumptions about them and expect them to know because I think they identify with me, or either I get a false image of them, and seek to identify with them. What the f*ck had happened? I don't understand... am I communicating wrong?


My answer:
Compatibility, connectivity, continuity, are the usual problems.

Compatibility is two-way, when it concerns human beings, unlike gadgets, softwares.

Connectivity is more about removing distractions, with humans, unlike with gadgets. (That is why a 'classroom' ambiance works always better!).

Continuity is about 'holding' attention, the toughest aspect of communication! (for proof, please look at the commercial ads. Even a child, looks at ads, more than the serial itself! The ads aim at holding the attention more than the serial makers!)

No comments: