A cursed priest
Yes😀
I did meet one such fellow 👍
He was not cursed by any ‘entity’( real, fictitious or virtual ‘person’). His job was the curse. Zero salary 😭 ( he even refused the ₹10, I could afford to offer to him 🙏).
That temple was not for ‘public’. It was for the King who resided in the fort, and needed the blessings ( energy) from that ‘differently Enabled’( uniquely consecrated) deity, a Devi 🙏. The king is gone, and the fort is dilapidated. But the descendants of the priests COULD NOT forsake the tiny deity installed on the hill_side of the path to reach the fort atop the hill 😭. One has to crouch and can only sit inside the tiny temple 😓. Almost inconspicous entrance & space. ( But DAMN POWERFUL 😥, as i personally experienced it somewhere in 1976. I ‘love’ visiting desolate temples, mostly plundered by the invaders, and therefore discarded by people around. The deities by themselves have no ‘issues' with the lack of patronage 😜)
Entertainment value of the story ( zero value addition to a reader, here onwards 🙏)...
We 3( me & 2 colleagues, decided to visit a ‘famous’ Devi temple, a hundred plus miles away from our workplace, on a non_working day. This devi was said to be the elder sister of our local Devi near our workplace (makes sense, to ‘appease’ the elder sister 👍. That was the ‘logic' 😜)
After the ‘darshan’ my 2 colleagues were in a great hurry to return ( like a soldier eager to reach home after the ‘battle’ is over). My mind_set was a nuisance to them, especially on ‘outings’ like this. But they both loved me too dearly and unconditionally 😭🙏, much to their disadvantage. I was unhurried in my mind, for no purpose, and yet razor alert, at the ‘new’ place. Alertness comes with problems along 😜. I ‘felt’ drawn towards a steep hill seen at a distance from the road we were walking on, to the bus station.
“That hill…. I want to climb on “, I announced firmly. Those 2 said “go to hell…we don't care! We are off to catch a bus back home 👍”
I started walking towards the hill… no path way, no ‘steps’ visible. Just a stone wall broken at a place, enough to obviate a jump over it 😜. Helplessly, and unwilling to leave me alone they followed me. The climb on the hill was arduous. I needed 4 limbs in a few places 😜. ( The scoldings & abuses intensified during the use of 4 limbs to climb, from my co_adventurers)
Once we crossed the broken wall of that fort, we sighted a priest( his attire, a deep red dhoti, and a red vermillion mark on his forehead indicated that he is a priest). Then it occurred to me to “look” at where the hell did he spring forth from???🤔.
The tiny hole behind him, dark and scary. I glanced “ zooming in”. A tiny lamp with only its ‘flame’ visible….not illuminating anything around 😜.
That priest vigorously waving his arm yelled at us to go away/back.
Old ruins👍. No man's land! I stood firm. A few more times he repeated to us to get_lost. I didn't budge. Then I asked him “you creeped out of that tiny cave, and there is a lamp in there. What's it?”
Priest “nothing concerning you. Go away. It's just a tiny old idol there”
I pulled out my thread( cast around my shoulder a decade ago, being a descendant of traditional beggars by Lineage 👍) and showed it to him saying “ I guess, I ain't gonna be a problem, if I take a look inside”.
He conceded “but be quick. I am going to my home for food”
I crept in, needed 2 minutes for my eyes to get adjusted to the darkness. Nothing around, except the tiny idol and an earthen lamp. Not even a single ‘customary’ flower. Sat crosslegged for about 10 to 15 minutes, eyes closed, stone still. Soaked in the aura/energy/whatever. I felt exceptionally ‘lucky’ for no logical reason 😜.
Stepped out.
Priest and my 2 colleagues were at the edge of their patience 😂
Lavishly apologised to the 3.
Sitting in the bus, mind vacant reasonably, one colleague asked “how did you know??”
I had a “socially acceptable dialogue” to reply to such_a_koschan : “ gut feeling”( the organ gut, by itself, is not known to have generated any ‘feelings’ on its own 😂. Yet peepals do_not ‘question’ this dialogue 👍).
A bit about the ‘curse’ on that priest : The very nature of consecration of that idol rendered the lineage of priests ‘hooked’ on to that deity, perpetually, to propitiate, and ‘contain’ the energy therein. An exception was when a king was required to ‘face’ an attack and a battle was inevitable. The king's sword was placed at the feet of the deity, anointed with the ‘holy’ smear on the deity, and then the vermillion applied on the king's forehead, before the priest hands over the energized sword into the king's hands🙏. No ‘scope’ to undo the consecration or relocate the deity(in a way a curse ).
( It is therefore, that an aam Aadmi has nothing to do with this_deity, uniquely consecrated 🙏). I don't know what the deities' energy did with ‘me’😳. I asked for ‘trouble', not heeding to the repeated warnings of that priest😭. But that's my personal problem 😜
Cursed to be yours,
psn(24 Aug, 2026)
Read + forget 🙏
( 😭 कम से कम बोम्मन लोगों कु, मालूम होना चाहिए --- Propitiation ( वैदिक है, normal) Invocation ( लौकिक है , situation based) मंत्र में फ़र्क पेंदा है 😜)
No comments:
Post a Comment