Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 04, 2026

Preparation process

 Preparation process


How much preparation do we need for a journey, event, examination, interview, parenting, financial stability/crisis, learning, grasp, investigation, exploration, dishes for food, sports, court case, day's work (etc) .. endless list……and ending with ‘death’ 😜

100 metres journey, just the footwear & mobile. Phoren tour, VISA Etc. months ahead.


Sweat in peace than to bleed in war …. A preparation.


A story in my school taught me about the value of preparation πŸ™ 3 fishes in a pool—named future, present and past fishes. Mr future jumped out when he saw the water evaporating. Mr. Present barely managed a jump into the adjacent larger pool when water level was at level-surface. Mr(Late) past fish died when the water dried up.


At a spiritual program of 7 days residential one, we were asked to “prepare our body” to be able to squat for 6 to 8 hours at-a-stretch, without any discomfort of cramps, numbness etc ( the idea was to prepare so that ‘body is not a hurdle for a spiritual experience’. As long as we are ‘stuck’ in the body, zero scope for any spiritual experience πŸ™).  We were given tools to prepare the body. 41 days, a body needs to adapt itself to any new style we decide upon, for the body ( Ayurveda). Thus, 2 sets of postures, each on alternate days, was the prescription. I had a weakness for preparing well😭. I practiced both sets daily twice 😜. That's a four_fold dosage. No regretsπŸ™. Body cooperated by “getting the Hell out of my way” for all the 7 days πŸ‘. 


This ‘preparing well’ had a few irreversible side_effects in meπŸ˜₯.  I didn't ‘bother' to prepare at_all for academic exams, at 30 and 40 years of age( didn't mind failure). But results stunned me😳. The ‘toughest’ subject to score in law (jurisprudence) fetched me the highest marks among us. The computer course for ‘dumb’(1991, when it was a strange machine) fetched aggregate top with a unreasonable lead over the second highest ( zero preparation).

( I don't know, if….its a spill-over effect of preparing too-well for non-commercial aspects of life? πŸ™πŸ˜₯. Muscle memory of body/brain-organ? . Who cares, as long as it a lottery ticket won πŸ‘)


Today's mind isn't bothered about ‘death' despite the event being the ‘only' certainty in lifeπŸ˜‚. Ancients were wise about death, and prepared too well for it throughout their life πŸ™. The longest journey (logically too) deserves the highest preparation. Our today's_mind tends to conclude “whatever we don't know, or if it is beyond our experience doesn't exist πŸ‘”.  We know of local and general anesthesia.  Long term anesthesia for our life_energy ticking in us? It lives beyond our ‘clinical-death’ 😜. ( I should atleast ‘know' , when I am dead, that I am deadπŸ™πŸ˜­. Sense organs gone. So, I practiced “death” meditation for 500+ times over 6 years, @ twice a week. That's something πŸ™πŸ‘).




Preparedly yours,

psn(4 Aug 2026)


Superfluous bit : My stupidity works for me. I took inspiration from my spiritual Guru who dropped a mention causally (in 1992): “ i rehearse a hundred times still, before each class/session, though I have conducted these classes a hungred times already 🀣”. If he prepares so much, what am I?


No comments: