Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2026

Looking out for Intellect.

 Looking out for Intellect.


Don't worry, this is not a ‘heavy dose blog’ πŸ™



Intellect is quite valuable, we can't deny.

Just that, our schools didn't plan a structured design to ‘tap’ it ( post independence, after 1947).


But that didn't stop a ‘rare few teachers’ in my school from tapping it in their students. The “syllabus” offered very little scope for students to try_using their intellect. Most of it was at testing a single skill “Who is good at mugging the text and vomiting it coherently in the answer papers?”( Best marks for the kid best at it).



Look at Algebra πŸ˜‚

If a question paper contains an out of text_book problem to solve, the outcry is “it's out of syllabus”( syllabus and textbook_data are different πŸ™).

Anyway, I am tempted to cite an example from my experience as an average student (aiming always a “pass marks” onlyπŸ™.). My dad required me to pass, not score high. It suited me too well, because my basic pull was towards only non-materialistic aspect of ‘life’( spirituality). Scoring was a time and labour consuming bijness in the rat_race for by_heart+vomit in the exams😭


My algebra teacher, writing two equations in algebra on the blackboard, asked “can anyone suggest how to solve?”(Simultaneous equations….the chapter nameπŸ™, for readers to say “sounds having heard somewhere”)


Nobody stood up (meaning, we stand up only if we know what to respond_with).

The teacher was disappointed. 

I normally sit quietly ( I don't encroach into the privilege of scorers).

I stood up in slow_motion πŸ˜“

“Yes?” said the teacher ( it means “speak”)

I offered ( something like “dividing through out by “x”.... Adding x² to both sides, etc. Actually, a bigger one, but I don't want to make it an algebraic blog hereπŸ˜‚). 

In essence, I simply ‘neutralized’ one set of variables in one equation, to bring it closer to the other one first…

Etc


It clicked 😜

Emotions overpowered the teacher that dayπŸ«ͺ. ( A sudden transition from disappointment to joy, seeing one “intellect” awake among 50 heads! I didn't know all this at that age. I thought of a “commonly used word” we used,.... “FLUKE” πŸ™).

The encouragement from the teacher stayed to keep inspiring me till now πŸ™.  I thought at that time “hey! There's scope to use ‘own ideas’!!! “ πŸ˜‚. Otherwise, it was “stick to the text book only”. 


Back at home, I started searching for an answer to “why did it have to be only_me?” . I found an answer, only over decades 😭. I am a tough nut , when it comes to approving myself πŸ™. Otherwise, the answer was damn simple πŸ‘. 


Real life situations offer us a chance to tap our intellect routinely πŸ™.  We need to be aware that we have a “choice” , about using it.  


Only when I focused more on my private & personal bijness ( spirituality), i discovered that I am choiceless about using intellect 😭. Desi spirituality is merciless πŸ™πŸ˜“. Keep practicing the tools, and you just perfect at the practices, nothing to do with spiritual progressπŸ˜₯. Anyway, I thought it's time I turn vulnerable to critics😜. I welcome critics with all the humility possible in meπŸ‘. My response is guaranteed to be proportional to the intensity of involvement πŸ™



Normally yours,

psn(17 Aug 2026)



Tailpiece: a popular joke : the problem with telling a good joke is….it reminds the other fellow of a dull oneπŸ˜“

Only a tamed mind can just “shut up and listen”.... The intellect can pop-up too 😜


No comments: